Screen off TV effect?

Wadman

Reaction score
I noticed that when I turned my screen off before it had the cool TV effect. I installed a different launcher and after using it for a little bit I went back to just using ICS. Since I have removed the launcher off of my phone the TV effect is gone. Any way to get it back. I know it seems silly to worry about something like this, but hey, it looks cool :icon_ lala:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Look under Developer options and see if your animations are turned off. They need to be on for that to work.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
Look under Developer options and see if your animations are turned off. They need to be on for that to work.

They are on. Both set at .5.... I tried turning animations off and then on again to no avail. I have not clue what caused this. Is there a certain scale that animations should be set to? I don't want to factory reset over something so small, but I did like seeing that every time I turned the screen off.

Edit: Switched the animation speeds to 1.5 for both....that did the trick. Maybe if the animation speed is set too fast it won't work. Weird. Thanks though. I wouldn't have thought to go into animations.