Screen off in case???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by phreakaj, Jan 2, 2010.

1. phreakaj

phreakaj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My droid used to turn the screen off when put into a cse(or the light sensor was covered) and now it does not do it anymore. Is this a setting that can be changed or possibly an app??? or maybe some sort of problem with a certain recovery img??

2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Really? This would be a nice feature but I have never seen it happen in the 2 months I have had my Droid. Not with stock or any of the roms/recovery images...

3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Is there a magnet in the case?

4. phreakaj

phreakaj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    somehow this was happening for me recently.I don't know what I changed to get this or to stop it bit it was working..and it has nothing to do with magnets because it happened when I just used my finger to cover the light sensors. I know I am not crazy. Someone please help I loved this feature

5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Did you change the screen timeout? Maybe?

6. phreakaj

phreakaj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not timeout

Had nothing to do with timeout, just went off when light sensors were covered like how it blanks out the screen on a call but it did it all the time

7. phreakaj

phreakaj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone??

come on I know someone can help me.

8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    well... the 'light sensor' controls the dimness of the display when set accordingly. Cover it up does nothing to turn the display 'off'. When you cover the sensor the display should dim slightly (assuming you have the brightness set to 'auto').

When you hold the phone to your ear the Proximity sensor is what tuns the phone off. This sensor is only active when in phone mode (less someone happened to make a mod for it). So technically if the phone was turning the display off in your case (or covering the sensor) than it was malfunctioning. It will turn itself off according to your settings and there are some various programs that will allow you to set several parameters regarding activity (i.e. angle of use, motion sensor ect) Screebl lite works GREAT for this.

So what exactly is it you are trying to achieve?

9. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I could think of that would turn your phone off when you put it in a case would be Screebl lite. It is not really made for this, so to speak, but you can set the off position so that it matches your droid while in its case. The Droid on it's own does not have this option. That is a blackberry thing triggered by magnets. These same case magnets can actually cause your droid to stay active since it uses magnets for it docking station.

10. phreakaj

phreakaj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well it did do what I said before and I didn't have screebl at the time. I wish someone could mod the ir sensor to work all the time because this would be a great feature to have... I have screebl now and it is great, I have my timeout settings on the lowest setting now and it never times out when I'm using it and I adjusted the screebl settings to shut the screen off in the position I use it in my case.