Screen not working after unroot. HELP!

harttt

Reaction score
I recently unrooted my phone using the guide by Doug, and now my phone's screen is completely blank, as it looks like that guide was not meant for DI's with the SLCD screen. What can I do to fix the phone? Thanks in advance.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a battery pull (leave it out for at least 10 seconds) and see if that helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are the keys at the bottom still lighting up?

OP
H

harttt

Reaction score
That thread worked, thanks for helping though!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome!! What did you have to do?? I need to bookmark that thread!

OP
H

harttt

Reaction score
i did exactly what that post said to do

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I got unlazy and read it! Haha! Good stuff! So you're back up and running now??

OP
H

harttt

Reaction score
Yes, after following those directions the phone is completely functional!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet! :dancedroid:

Yes, after following those directions the phone is completely functional!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recently unrooted my phone using the guide by Doug, and now my phone's screen is completely blank, as it looks like that guide was not meant for DI's with the SLCD screen. What can I do to fix the phone? Thanks in advance.
What guide? Link please. If I have bad info out there I want to know. To my knowledge I have not written a unroot guide recently that does not include the slcd.

As you can see in that thread you linked to it was me who described what was wrong and how to repair it. I don't think the unroot guide you followed was mine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
H

harttt

Reaction score
What guide? Link please. If I have bad info out there I want to know. To my knowledge I have not written a unroot guide recently that does not include the slcd.

As you can see in that thread you linked to it was me who described what was wrong and how to repair it. I don't think the unroot guide you followed was mine.

I followed the old guide that you had up, but since my di is newer with the slcd screen it was the wrong guide for me to use, it was completely lack of looking up information on my part.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I followed the old guide that you had up, but since my di is newer with the slcd screen it was the wrong guide for me to use, it was completely lack of looking up information on my part.

Please point me to it. I want it gone if it is out there.

OP
H

harttt

Reaction score

Please point me to it. I want it gone if it is out there.
It was this one:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ideo-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html
my mistake though, it wasn't your guide.