Screen Not Turning On?

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Yep sadly my 2 week return period is up but going to drop by the store since its down the street less then a mile and try anyways. I wish I hadnt dismissed this but it wasnt until my attempt at the 330 SBF that i truly started to suspect hardware. Sucks to have to get a refurb so early as I am only like 3 weeks in to my contract and my early upgrade comes in December 2012. I am really disapointed the D3 was pushed back as I was seriously going to trade my D2 for a D3. Oh well maybe when the D3 gets released I can sell the D2G for a D3 :p

Thanks for all the help guys and thanks sid for the feedback on the SBF. I was a bit worried even though I have heard nothing else negative about it yet.

kickasz23

Reaction score
same issues here i think it maybe an app do u have widget locker installeD?

Reaction score
Yep sadly my 2 week return period is up but going to drop by the store since its down the street less then a mile and try anyways. I wish I hadnt dismissed this but it wasnt until my attempt at the 330 SBF that i truly started to suspect hardware. Sucks to have to get a refurb so early as I am only like 3 weeks in to my contract and my early upgrade comes in December 2012. I am really disapointed the D3 was pushed back as I was seriously going to trade my D2 for a D3. Oh well maybe when the D3 gets released I can sell the D2G for a D3 :p

Thanks for all the help guys and thanks sid for the feedback on the SBF. I was a bit worried even though I have heard nothing else negative about it yet.

You're still within in your one year warranty. I would talk to someone until you get a NEW phone. Verizon's CLNR refurbs suck.

ddubb

Reaction score
Fixed my black screen

I came across the same issue as original poster. Random freezing, screen timeouts with the black and backlit. Had to remove the battery every time.

I came to the conclusion it was the 16GB SD card i upgraded to. after multiple restores, rom flashes, sd swaps, that 16GB card just doesn't play right with my D2G. I started to get SD corruption errors and reformatted4 or 5 times. After a 7th clean ROM flash and app reinstall on the original 8GB card everything is smooth as butter. I ordered a new class10 16GB card and will see how that fares.

Hope this helps a fellow member.

I forgot the manufacturer of the 16GB card that keeps corrupting

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You should also consider the fact that, as it was already discussed here (I think), D2G has issues with cards above Class 6.