Screen Not Turning On?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
So occasionally I have noticed that when my screen times out, and I push the power button to turn it back on, only the back lighting turns on. It is unrelated to weather the CPU is working hard or not. At first, I dismissed it. I thought it was probably just something to do with Liberty and the Romer tool. It wasnt really frequent though so I ignored it. Well I just flashed back to stock using the .330 sbf I posted, and I was in the set up process of the phone when the screen timed out, and only the back lighting would turn on. I did a battery pull and tried setting up again. At the motoblur accounts screen, I hit done adding accounts button with out even bothering to add my facebook account. Again the phone froze up. Turned the screen off and back on and again only the back lighting. So I did a battery pull and went to stock recovery and did another wipe. I have tried like 50 time to recreate the issue, but no luck so far so Im going back to Liberty for now.

I read something earlier that leads me to think it is hardware related. I searched the forum, and google and couldnt find any one with the same problem I have though. Do you guys think its hardware related? with it happening in stock it really leads me to believe it is.

rusty815

Reaction score
I remember I used the .330 sbf and got similar results, I suggest you use the older sbf from team black hat

Sent from my angelic D2G using DroidForums

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Well every time I sbfed in the past was using the 229 sbf and then doing the OTA update to 330, so I am not quite sure that the SBF is at the root of the problem.

Thanks for the feedback though, if I hear more reports like this I will see if a mod can pull the .330 SBF.

rusty815

Reaction score
You are using the one from my droid world, correct?

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The 229 SBF was, the 330 SBF i found elsewhere, reuped to a different host then posted it at droid world since we cant link directley to SBFs here.

rusty815

Reaction score
I only trust those released by tbh members on my droid world and on the tbh app, I used the newer sbf when it first came out a few months ago and like I said, I had issues like what youre having, try using the older sbf just to see if that solves your problem

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I have used the .229 SBF as my base many time before, then apply the OTA update to 330 rather then using the SBF, so the SBF is irrelevant.

rusty815

Reaction score
well from what youre saying, the problem is occurring since you used the newer sbf, im simply recommending that you use the older one since that has worked before, and also saying that i had a very similar problem of the screen not turning on when i used the newer sbf, i think that shows the sbf may be relevant, we wont know unless you try.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
This is the first time I have ever used the 330 sbf to flash. Well I did it once before just to see if it worked, but any time I sbfed before this I used the 229 SBF. In my second post I said I have always used the 229 sbf as my base in the past then flashed Liberty,Romer,Epic Blue and Bold and the Epic Blue and Bold Market and the screen issue has been present since I got the phone. I never experienced it with the stock rom except this time, but then again I only used the stock rom for maybe a day or two after I got my phone because Roms werent anything new to me so I being on stock was bugging me.

rusty815

Reaction score
hmm, in that case it may be a hardware issue, if it has persisted ever since you got this phone. if its under warranty, i suggest you return it.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
OP

Same thing happens with me. I'm running fission. Also it happens almost everytime I unplug charger.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
No problems with the charger here.

Just SBFed using the 229 SBF just to be safe and i did the activation and after that my screen timed out, tried to turn it on and sure enough only the back lighting came on.

Looked for some more feedback here please!

Reaction score
No problems with the charger here.

Just SBFed using the 229 SBF just to be safe and i did the activation and after that my screen timed out, tried to turn it on and sure enough only the back lighting came on.

Looked for some more feedback here please!

Sounds to me like you've answered your own question. It's done this since you GOT the phone. It's done it on multiple ROMs, after multiple flashes, and even after multiple SBFs. It can ONLY be a hardware issue.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
True, but when your sick you dont always process things like you should! :p

First of all A BIG THANK YOU for the SBF (.330) that you have personally given to me and then to the community... I believe that you have a hardware issue since I have used your SBF successfully without any issues. I wanted to check the SBF and needed to see if your issue is hardware related or not so I went ahead and did the SBF of my device.. All is well and I did not have the issue you are having......

Get a replacement if you still under warranty!!!!!!!!