Screen/mother board probs

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by Mmou100, Jan 29, 2014.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Mmou100

Mmou100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a screen issue, I think this would be the appropriate place to address it!

My s4 has a cracked digitizer, and no picture on the lcd. I know everything works, (digi, lcd, menu buttons, home button) cause when I plug it into another motherboard everything is fine and functional. Does anybody know what may have cause the display to stop outputting on the motherboard side? No water damage at all btw.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +721
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Just like with any other electronic device, it doesn't always take moisture to ruin circuitry, the shock from a drop can do the same as well. Did you happen to drop it before this?
  3. Mmou100

Mmou100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and thus I busted the digitizers face. I'm just wondering if there is a known issue here or any sort of known fix for this situation, I understand it could be a million things. I just find it strange that it worked for months after the drop that broke the digi, and then one day I went to unlock it, though the battery was dead, but no I can hear the sounds and see lights on the menu and back buttons lol :/
Search tags for this page

how do you know if the motherboard is ruined on s4