Screen/mother board probs

Mmou100

Reaction score
I've got a screen issue, I think this would be the appropriate place to address it!

My s4 has a cracked digitizer, and no picture on the lcd. I know everything works, (digi, lcd, menu buttons, home button) cause when I plug it into another motherboard everything is fine and functional. Does anybody know what may have cause the display to stop outputting on the motherboard side? No water damage at all btw.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just like with any other electronic device, it doesn't always take moisture to ruin circuitry, the shock from a drop can do the same as well. Did you happen to drop it before this?

OP
M

Mmou100

Reaction score
Just like with any other electronic device, it doesn't always take moisture to ruin circuitry, the shock from a drop can do the same as well. Did you happen to drop it before this?

Yes, and thus I busted the digitizers face. I'm just wondering if there is a known issue here or any sort of known fix for this situation, I understand it could be a million things. I just find it strange that it worked for months after the drop that broke the digi, and then one day I went to unlock it, though the battery was dead, but no I can hear the sounds and see lights on the menu and back buttons lol :/