Screen Mode Widget

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those who use this app to control the behavior of their lock screen and the display, the developer has rolled back the last update that broke the app.

phatkat66

Reaction score
it still stops working for me randomly. It'll say "Awake stay" but when i press a button to bring the screen back i still have to put in my pattern lock or slide the keys.... it'll only actually "awake stay" maybe once or twice. And I dont app kill it cuz i hardly use my ATK unless i been browsin play games and listenin to music and i want to kill all that stuff.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
it still stops working for me randomly. It'll say "Awake stay" but when i press a button to bring the screen back i still have to put in my pattern lock or slide the keys.... it'll only actually "awake stay" maybe once or twice. And I dont app kill it cuz i hardly use my ATK unless i been browsin play games and listenin to music and i want to kill all that stuff.

You've downloaded the update available this morning?

warrior21

Reaction score
Good to hear, hopefully it works as well as it did before

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

phatkat66

Reaction score
this morning? I updated the rollback version a day ago, maybe two? right now its v.1.5.4

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
this morning? I updated the rollback version a day ago, maybe two? right now its v.1.5.4

Interesting. V.1.5.4 is the updated version. But looking at the comments it appears those who have downloaded the app more recently are having better luck (or perhaps have just not waited long enough for the problem to appear.)

Been running it for a couple of hours this morning and haven't encountered the problem (yet.) I'd recommend that you uninstall the app and reinstall it from the Market. You might have better luck. I completely uninstalled the problematic version and reinstalled only after I found an update was available.

P.S. I also took the precaution of uninstalling "myLock" that I'd been using while SMW was problematic and I power cycled my phone. (SOP when I install new apps.)

Last edited:

deputc26

Reaction score
I've had this app since nov. I never update it as every update just seems to make it worse.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had this app since nov. I never update it as every update just seems to make it worse.

Can't criticize your approach. But the latest update appears to be stable and it does what it's supposed to do...At least after about 11 hours of use.

DetroitMark

Reaction score
I uninstalled the widget as soon as I realized the update was so inferior. Today I just downloaded the rollback update, and added the Widget back to the desktop manually. It's been running great all day long.