screen management

KevTN

Reaction score
I was looking at my battery usage and it said 48% of my battery is being used for display. Is that normal? Is there a way to manage that better so that my battery will last longer?

Thanks

freakdx

Reaction score
look into using a dark back ground that is one thing that will cut down on usage along with using the auto control for screen brightness or turn it all the way down if you can but doing that will also make it hard to see when in certain lighting situations but by far the easiest thing to do is not to use live wall papers and to use a very dark back ground

OP
K

KevTN

Reaction score
I will try that. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stanrc

Reaction score
I don't think color matters on LCD, just set the brightness lower and set a shorter screen timeout. But still expect the screen brightness to always use the most battery.

cpjr

Reaction score
Background doesnt matter. Only brightness and actually time screen is on does.

But a 4.3 screen will take some juice, your numbers are perfectly normal.

Reaction score
What has already been said works. I turned my brightness down almost all the way and have it set to turn off after 30 seconds of use and my battery use for the screen is now down around 30%. It'll always be the highest, however.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I keep my brightness on auto. I use a live wallpaper. I just don't sit there starting at my wallpaper though...so l get16-18 hours on a full charge... Moderate usage. If your looking to maximize than definitely run the lowest numbers you can though...no widgets, long times between push and pulls out nothing auto at all, low brightness....

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp