Screen locking in Gingerbread. No lock no longer works right

nanohead

Reaction score
Screen locking in Gingerbread. No Lock no longer works correctly

Just upgraded to Gingerbread. Really nice and smooth, quicker too. Everything pretty much works fine, except that No Lock no longer functions correctly.

I had it set to turn on the screen when I pressed any keyboard button. Now, it no longer works. I have to push the silly power button every time, which is one of the totally absurd things about Android.

Anyone had any luck disabling locking with Gingerbread?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Gingerbread. Really nice and smooth, quicker too. Everything pretty much works fine, except that No Lock no longer functions correctly.

I had it set to turn on the screen when I pressed any keyboard button. Now, it no longer works. I have to push the silly power button every time, which is one of the totally absurd things about Android.

I use widgetlocker, but also use the easy wake method you describe. I found that after gingerbread, I have to press the volume or power to wake it up.

Keyboard no longer works.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I'm using No Lock also and discovered the same problem. HOWEVER, if you press the volume control (rocker) it should turn the screen on...it does on mine anyway.

OP
N

nanohead

Reaction score
Yep, thanks. The volume rocker does work, so its better than the silly power switch. At least the godawful ribbon is gone.

google123

Reaction score
Old topic I know but i just wanted to mention that you can modify the sholes-keypad.kl file located at system/usr/keylayout to make certain keys wake the phone not just the power button and volume rocker. I'm currently back on GB, TBH rooted this time after using CM7. I have no lock installed and can wake my phone with the power button, volume rocker, right-side button, and space bar. Just go to that sholes-kaypad.kl file and add a wake_dropped to whatever keys you want to use to wake the device and reboot the phone. Requires root to modify this file of course. Enjoy.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums