1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen lock after "Update"download

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by uuglypher, Aug 18, 2010.

1. uuglypher

uuglypher New Member

This morning I got notice of an "update" available for download to my Motorola droid (Model# A855), I clicked on "Begin" and got an image of a box with an open lid and a broad, flat arrow issuing from it to the droid outside the box, and a progress "thermometer" that gradually filled with yellow. When the "thermometer"was full the screen turned black with a Motorola logo in the center, and has so remained for several hours, unresponsive even to attempts to turn it off.
    At the Motorola help site (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/) I was advised to remove and replace the battery. I did so, and when I turned it back on, the familiar unresponsive, implacable black screen and Motorola logo reappeared. After assuring the help person that my droid had neither been dropped nor allowed to get wet, she told me to take it to a Verizon store because "...Motorola will be sending out a tool to the stores to help the customers with this issue." My local Verizon store knows nothing of this "issue". Any idea what's going on? Anyone with a similar problem ("issue") of lock-up after downloading an "update"???
    Thanks for any help / advice that might be offered!

Uuglypher
  2. legnadibrom

legnadibrom New Member

The same thing happened to me and when I called Verizon the tech told me it's a known issue that has no solution and she shipped out a new phone that I should receive Friday, change out the microSD card and send the phone back(it comes with a return label)
Search tags for this page

android locks up after update

droid 4 locked after update

droid 4 locking up after updating

droid razr locked up after updating

droid razr locking up after update

droid razr m locked after update

droid ultra software update lock screen

how to change my lock screen after android update

i phone 4 screen lock after update

motorola phone lock up during update

motorola smart phone locked up after update