Screen keeps turning on

mikecolorama

Reaction score
the screen keeps turning on all the time now. it does it even if there is no notification or anything. it just seems to all of sudden come on. i checked my display settings and i don't see anything there. any suggestions?

ABQNM

Reaction score
It does it while sitting idle? It is not in a pocket or anything, right? Chances are an app you have installed is waking the device. That one may be tricky to diagnose which app is at fault though. If you install spare parts, you may be able to figure it out by viewing the usage statistics and see if any app shows an excessive usage time or high launch count. That may help you get started, but it could come down to a factory reset as a last resort.

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
If does it when sitting idle. Unfortunately, it seems to have started after I downloaded Handsent. I'll check it out with Spare Parts.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I have been running Handcent on mine with no problems. It could be a setting in Handcent but I don't know.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Is it possible that you are accidentally pressing the volume button? Or it could be a main menu option like keep awake?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
It doesn't Matterhorn its charging or not, the screen will come on at some point. I will set my phone down and walk by it and see that its on. No idea why.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums