1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen keeps dimming

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jetspeed, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jetspeed

jetspeed New Member

Why do I keep having to reset my screen to full brightness? I did NOT check the "auto" brightness setting and I never turn the phone off, yet it keeps dimming
    way down and I have to go in and reset it. I want it on full bright, but it won't stay set there.
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I believe there is an auto dim after a little bit as the phone starts to go to sleep. Have you tried to adjust your screen timeout to see if the dim doesnt start right away. Also, just curious, why do you want your screen at full bright? You do know that full bright kills the battery faster? Like I said I am just curious. I have mine set at about 40% and I am still amazed at how brilliant it is. Just my opinion.
  3. jetspeed

jetspeed New Member

I think I figured it out, even with auto brightness not checked there is a separate "power saver" mode I turned off. That was probably the problem.

I live in Florida with the bright sun I can't see a thing on the screen when it dims down, I need full brightness all the time. Hopefully turning off that
    power saver mode fixed my issue. Thanks.
  4. angelinaS31

angelinaS31 New Member

I hope you find out the solution, but don't use your phone in full brightness, its not good for eyes and moreover you will loose your phone charge very soon.
  5. pbz

pbz New Member

I have the same problem. I set the brightness to full, and I can see it. But the next time I go to look at my phone, something has dimmed it town to like 25 or 30%, I checked, and I do not have Power Save checked. How can I find out what is causing it to revert to a dimmer state?
Search tags for this page

android screen keeps dimming

galaxy ace 2 screen brightness dimming
galaxy s2 screen brightness keeps resetting
my phone keeps dimming
my phone screen keeps dimming
phone charged but screen dim
phone screen keeps dimming
samsung galaxy ace 2 disable auto brightness

samsung galaxy s2 screen dimming

samsung galaxy s2 screen goes dark
samsung galaxy screen goes dim