screen jumping around

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
there was a response to this on the official motorola support forums claiming use of a cable from a kindle (also USB micro-b, apparently) fixed the problem, so it's possible it's the cord itself

kefler

Reaction score
I have this exact issue. It happens when plugged into my laptop via a random USB cable, but it also happens just the same in dock mode when plugged into the official motorolla USB dock and using the wall charger that came with the dock.

I'll try again with the charger that shipped with the phone also.

Jaack

Reaction score
Mine always does this, doesn't matter if it's plugged into the wall charger, or connected via USB cable to my computer. For what it's worth, I only use the charger supplied with the Droid from VZ, as opposed to the $10 charger available elsewhere.
I have the same thing, mine is all jittery and jumpy whether it's plugged in or not and i'm using the stock charger it came with. It's becoming unbearable

Oohyeah

Reaction score
It may be that the incorrect voltage/amperage from the time it is plugged in continues to affect your screen even after unplugging. I think I experienced that once before with my Nexus.

Thankfully, the problem disappeared after a reboot. You might want to try that. Make sure it's not plugged during/after the reboot and see if the problem remains. Then plug it in to see if the problem comes back. If so, then you've isolated the cause.

Fexman

Reaction score
Milestone 2

I live in Germany, so I got the Milestone 2. Now the hardware should be the same if I am not mistaken.
At any rate I have the same Problem. But so far the touchscreen only goes bonkers when I plug it into the Motorola charger. (or the Motorola Docking Station supplied by the charger)
Model: DC4050EU0301
Output: 5.1V 850mA

If I plug it into the PC and connect it as Storage Device everything is fine.
Also everything goes back to normal as soon as I unplug it.

Fexman

Reaction score
I understand this is no solution, but apparently the internet is now in agreement that this issue is a grounding issue not exclusive to droid phones.
Some have solved it just by touching the screen bezel while using the touchscreen some used different chargers, some had to get a new phone.

Since it seems to work fine when connected to my PC I have now connected the docking station to my USB Hub.. this has solved the problem sufficiently for me.

jlgrant

Reaction score
Just curious.

I've had this same issue, and found a fix that doesn't seem to be explored on any of these forums. Has anyone else tried utterly disabling all vibration? I did so about 24 hours ago, and the issue has stopped occurring.