Screen issue on my X

clayrebel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So the other day I noticed that when I apply pressure in the middle of my screen, it creates this rainbow affect, sort of like a bubble of gasoline if that makes any sense.
I'm not using an extended battery. I've heard of this problem with people using stock covers with extended batteries.
At first I thought my case was too tight or something. But even after I removed the case it still happens.
Is this normal? Do I have a defective screen?

Thanks in advance,

ted

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
exactly how much pressure are you applying?

when it comes to these devices if you are applying alot of pressure you'd see a "rainbow effect", you really only need to slightest touch for it to respond.

OP
clayrebel

clayrebel

Reaction score
Screen issues on my X

Hi dezymond,

Thank you for the reply. There are times when I'd remove my face from the screen after I talk on the phone and would notice the rainbow affect. Others when I am playing a game on the phone. I'm not deliberately pressing hard on the screen at all.
As a matter of fact, the first time I noticed this was when I squeezed the sides of my phone cause it almost slipped out of my hand. That caused the rainbow affect. Then I noticed all those other themes as mentioned.

I've never heard of other X users reporting this and thought it was just me.
Why do you think?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe you gripped it too hard when you almost dropped it?

If you're using a normal pressure input and it does it, it seems something is wrong with your screen.

Don't think this will help, but have you tried a restart? If that doesn't help I'd take it to Verizon