Screen is extremely dim

spadez2

Reaction score
I've had this phone for about a year now and I've experienced minimal issues. Today I was on the phone, the call ended, and so I locked my phone and put it in my pocket. When I took it out nearly an hour later, the screen turned on for about half a second, then went extremely dim to the point where it was noticeable that the screen was on, but too dark to read.

I restarted the phone, no luck. Whenever I try to unlock the phone, the proper brightness flashes for half of a second and then just goes dim again. When I try to text people to the best of my ability, no text comes up in the box at all. The phone makes calls fine, however I need to get the screen working.

I'd appreciate some help if possible, and also if there's any way I could fix this without erasing all my data, that would be wonderful. Like I said, I've had this phone for about a year, so I have a ton of photos/videos/files etc.

Thanks.

smulcahy

Reaction score
Same Problem, Started Today

I am experiencing a very similar problem with my D4 that started just today. I opened the native browser and ran a Google search and the screen suddenly went black. Actually, it is very, very dim; I can just barely see there is stuff appearing on the screen, but can't really read it. For instance, if I press the Search button, I can see it due to its white background, but I can't read any text.I managed to restart the device, but the screen brightness has not improved. I was able to barely see the brightness button on my home screen, but hitting it does not change the brightness. Doesn't matter if the device is plugged in or running on battery.I'd appreciate if anyone could provide any insight or solutions, short of taking it to my nearest friendly VZ brick-and-morter.Thanks!- sem

tylerhannen

Reaction score
I was using my phone last night, didn't drop the phone or anything like that, when all of a sudden the screen would only stay back lit for a split second after pressing the power button. I have power cycled and hard reset the phone to no avail. Everything else on the phone seems to function normally. I have also rebooted the phone to "safe mode" and it does the same thing. I searched the internet and this was the only post that I found with what sounds like very similar issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my only phone. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
S

spadez2

Reaction score
I originally posted the article and wanted to follow up on the issue.

Eventually after experiencing these issues, my phone died. When I attempted to charge it/power it on the screen would appear as white noise. I got a replacement phone through Verizon for free, and just had to send my broken one in within 5 days.

Hopefully the rest of you guys experiencing these issues are also under warranty, otherwise I'm not of much help. :/