1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen is dead - need help backing up

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wacky, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wacky

wacky New Member

I had an unfortunate camping incident which left my phone without a working screen due to the moisture on the bottom of the tent and some rain, I have a new one on its way.

It however does turn on, so what I would like to do is create a backup if at all possible.

I was hoping someone could provide the exact key by key steps to a backup with clockwork from power on till complete. I have never actually used clockwork because recently installed it over sprecovery so I could try upgrading my roms from the GUI app.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hows that going to help you when you get your replacement? Your apps will be in your downloads (maybe not your free apps) but your paid apps will be. Contacts and calendar backed up by Gmail and Google.

I don't see how doing a back up on the Droid with the blank screen will help.
  3. wacky

wacky New Member

I know I have apps etc all backed up, but was thinking more about apps that store data and such that is not on the sdcard.

I was thinking if I could make a backup 'rom' then just flash it onto my new phone.
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

The backup would be on the SD Card so if he swapped it in to the new phone he could then do his root and install rom manager/clockworkmod recovery and restore his backup. This would be all his settings, apps, data, etc....

It's going to be difficult...you'll be guessing when the actual phone is ready for you to start maneuvering in clockworkmod and that you haven't accidentally hit the up/down volume and also that if selecting something you have actually pressed hard enough. It would suck to press down on the volume key 6 times and only 5 register or that you pressed 7 times but only counted 6, etc...

Okay...

Hold X, press power for approx. 5-6 seconds, continuing holding X for approx. 20 more seconds.

Press volume down 5 times and you should be on nandroid, press the camera key

You should now be on Backup, press the camera key

Backup starts automatically at this point.....(I guess another backup isn't going to kill me right now...LOL).

Backing up boot...
    Backing up recovery...
    Backing up system...
    Backing up data...
    Backing up .android_secure...
    Backing up cache...
    Backing up sd-ext...
  5. wacky

wacky New Member

Much appreciated! That will work with the clockworld installed from the rom manager? It sounds just like what I thought I remembered from Sp Recovery but as I said I never even used clockwork nor know much about it.

Thanks again
  6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yeah. I switched from SPRecovery to Rom Manager/ClockworkMod recovery a while back.
Search tags for this page
android screen dead recover contacts
apps to help back up your phone contacts when screen is blac
dead android 4. need to recover contacts
droid 2 blank screen way to recover contacts
droid 4 by motorola retrieving informionat from dead phone
droid x2 dropped screen black retrieving contacts
how recovery contacts from blank screen on a android
how to get data off of android with blank screen
how to recover contacts on android with a blank screen
recovering calendar on android dead phone
rescue data from dead verizon marauder