Screen Image Burn?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JerryRogan, May 14, 2010.

1. Vitticeps

Vitticeps Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually LCD screens can succumb to a form of burn-in. With LCDs it's called image persistence. If the same crystals have been activated for extended periods of time then they start to develop a memory for that state. The effect is very similar to burn-in. The plus side though is that its usually reversible by simply turning off the screen for a day or two. With phones it's not likely to ever be a problem because the screen spends more time off than on and gives the crystals plenty of time to relax between charging sessions. But I suppose if you left it in the cradle for a year without turning it off then you might have a problem. :)

CRTs work by the inside of the glass being coated with phosphors and firing electrons at the phosphors, exciting them and making the emit light. If that same phosphor is continuously excited it will slowly lose their ability to emit light.

Plasmas work differently but the burn-in happens the same way as CRTs. Plasmas use tiny neon/xenon UV lights to excite individual phosphors (in a highly simplified way). The same burn-in happens from continuously exciting the same phosphors.

2. dolpns13

dolpns13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. dolpns13

dolpns13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    didnt realize it was downloadable right from here.. Hey man... Ive only had this phone for a week and its my first smart phone.. :biggrin:

A question though, I now have the app on my phone, but the clock is taking up the whole screen, how do I get it to look like the one in the picture, so its only on the top of my screen

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The one in the picture? They all take up the whole screen, that's the point...

5. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does this as well. I wish it wouldn't.

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just realized thats.. Thanks for sending the link!

Search tags for this page
android screen burn image
can you burn an image into your phone screen

droid charge screen burn in

droid x screen burn

hole burned into screen droid

image burned into phone

images burned into cell phone screen
minor imaging burned into phone
phone image burn
screen burn on motorola droid x