Screen has grid on it

chowyenfats

Reaction score
It happened to me this morning, went back out and tried to reproduce it, I got it to do it a little, not like It did this morning.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bionica

Reaction score
that's not the "pentile" that's a defect, I believe.

FALSE

This is the pentile screen.
You will notice the same pattern on the droid 3 which also uses the pentile screen.

The grid is like a floater in your eye. It will only bother you if you make a conscious effort to look at it.
If it bothers anyone that bad, then they need a different model/brand of phone with a different type of screen (ie. AMOLED+).

yearn

Reaction score
I was actually really worried about the pentile screen, but after having it for a while now I don't even notice it unless the screen is off in direct sunlight. and indirect sunlight with the screen on the screen is really easy to see, I really like it. And if I'm not mistaken, the pentile screen is part of why the Bionic gets such good battery life?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
FALSE

This is the pentile screen.
You will notice the same pattern on the droid 3 which also uses the pentile screen.

The grid is like a floater in your eye. It will only bother you if you make a conscious effort to look at it.
If it bothers anyone that bad, then they need a different model/brand of phone with a different type of screen (ie. AMOLED+).

wow. so the pentile screen is a grid of that size?? It's huge. I thought the pentile screen had small grids like the size of pixels making the text have non-ailiasing looks to them.

Anyone confirm?