Screen has a mind of it's own - Droid 1

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
This issue is odd to describe, I will just be sitting looking at my phone and then it seems like someone takes the screen over and it goes all wonky on me...I have had this issue on all of my Droid 1s...I am rooted and I love this phone, I don't want to change phones, but I think I may have to, unless someone knows a fix

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it plugged into a 3rd party charger at the time of the "craziness"?

OP
M

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
It is not, I have the charger it came with, I use the home dock at night, I think it has something to do with the magnets throwing the screen calibration out, it was working up until last night without any issues, I downloaded Bump and I think the fierce shaking also could have had something to do with it...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is, having a task killer or antivirus program installed can sometimes make this happen. If you have them, uninstall them, also try uninstalling any apps you have recently installed and see if this corrects the problem. Other then that, you can try wiping data and cache and see if the problem persists. If so it might be a hardware isuue.

OP
M

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
I do have taskiller, but I went back to a recovery I put on before I updated my baseband the other night, and the issue still is here...it looks like I need to head over to Verizon and hope they have a replacement

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Drop the Task killer and see if you still have the problem, they are not needed on the Android OS regardless of what ANYONE tells you!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BTW if you just restored an old backup, that will not change your baseband.

That would not be what's causing the issue anyway.

odawg753

Reaction score
mine did the same until i uninstalled task killer then it worked great

OP
M

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
I uninstalled Taskiller anyway...it still had the issues, you're going to think I am lying when I say this...but I got the phone replaced, and there was 1 day left on my original warranty :)...it was just lucky that it happened now I guess...I ended up rooting the new phone and while I was doing that a friend with an Evo 4g asked me to root his phone...so I ended up rooting that as well...good day all in all