Screen gone crazy

robl11

Reaction score
I have been using MIUI.US for the past few days now and it has been great. But my screen goes crazy and at times it won't respond when I do switch screens or try to text using the screen keyboard. I have to hit the power button to turn the screen off and on to get to respond again. I don't have a clue what's going on. HELP!!!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForumsys and I'm liking the

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you using stock kernel? Are you using a theme?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
my phone does tht too, im using LGB 2.0 but its happened with multiple roms and kernels, til someone can prove me wrong my theory is tht its just the phone getting old and worn out....but idk

OP
robl11

robl11

Reaction score
@ magiman. I am using a theme but was working before. Should I go back to the original theme?
I've had this problem when I was using liquid and also SS. I'm using the stock kernel but I too believe its due to wearing it down, flashing it to much Idk

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was happening on multiple roms. If those roms are all derivations of CM7 (most GB aosp ones tend to be), then the issue could be there or could be hardware.

From your first post, I was looking for a MIUI related issue and themes can sometimes give weird behavior. With more information now, I doubt that is it.

OP
robl11

robl11

Reaction score
OK. What do I do about battery issues? Cuz IRS killing my battery. I'm already at 20 percent and the battery is fairly new

OP
robl11

robl11

Reaction score
OK. What do I do about battery issues? Cuz IRS killing my battery. I'm already at 20 percent and the battery is fairly new

It's killing my battery. And I lied. 15% now

Card

Reaction score
I have been using MIUI.US for the past few days now and it has been great. But my screen goes crazy and at times it won't respond when I do switch screens or try to text using the screen keyboard. I have to hit the power button to turn the screen off and on to get to respond again. I don't have a clue what's going on. HELP!!!!!

I'm not 100% certain, but what you're describing sounds more like an issue with the hardware, not the software. I had a similar issue with a previous Droid. At the time, I was on CM6, but did a full wipe and went back to stock 2.1 and unrooted the phone. However, the issue continued, so I took it in to my local Verizon shop, and the one repair tech there that actually knows what he's doing advised me that the digitizer that controls the touchscreen is prone to failure when the phone is dropped, exposed to moisture (supposedly even locations of extreme humidity, such as my home state of Florida), or high levels of heat.

You might want to do a full backup, then wipe the phone and cache and see if your phone is still affected. If it is, you likely have a hardware problem. If it is not, then it's probably stemming from your ROM or kernel.

OP
robl11

robl11

Reaction score
Well I just switched to DC and Froyo seems to working smoothly so far. It's way much better than when I was running on GB. But in case I do have to go back to stock how do I do that?