Screen goes dark during calls

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by socal droid, May 21, 2013.

  1. socal droid

    socal droid New Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2010
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S7
    This can become very frustrating .... sometimes when I am on a call, my screen turns off and can be a challenge trying to put my call on mute or take if off mute. Anyone else have this issue ... and if so, any recommendations?
     
  2. acejavelin

    acejavelin Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    Messages:
    790
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    North Dakota, USA
    Ratings:
    +10
    This sounds like a Proximity Sensor issue... clean screen, remove screen protector, battery pull reset, the usual stuff... This is a problem that has plagued the Rezound for some time, proximity sensor failure... Are you rooted? If so, there is an app in the play store to calibrate the prox sensor.
     
  3. Tammy22

    Tammy22 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my Rezound replaced several times for the same reason. I just had replaced two months ago, I was shocked that they replaced it because the warranty is up but last week the newest replacement started to do it so I called Verizon again and they called HTC and there going to fix it for free. I had to get a loaner phone, they told me it would take about three to four weeks before I would get it back. I really hope they can fix it because it's pain in the a$$ when you're on a call where you have to use the number pad to make selections. The loaner phone is worse about the screen going black than the one getting fixed.
     
  4. acejavelin

    acejavelin Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    Messages:
    790
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    North Dakota, USA
    Ratings:
    +10
    This seems like a very odd story, especially from a Verizon (corporate) store?!?!

    If you have a defective phone and it is under an extended warranty they will either replace it with a like model, or a similar one (usually an HTC DNA atm). I have never heard of Verizon giving out a "loaner" well a phone is sent to the manufacturer for a repair outside of warranty.

    Either way, this is a common Rezound issue, often caused by: 1) screen protector, 2) cases, 3) lint/dirt on or under the glass, and 4) defective or incorrectly calibrated proximity sensor. About 70% of the time, rooting and using the Rezound Proximity Sensor calibration takes care of it, the other 30% it's just bad hardware. I had one that did the same thing.
     
  5. Tammy22

    Tammy22 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Ratings:
    +1
    This statement reads as if you're calling me a liar, I hope that's not the case. Just because you haven't heard of something happening doesn't mean it's not so. I talked with HTC and Verizon both and both said this is a known problem with this phone and that's why they were offering to fix the phone. My daughter had a rezound also and had it replaced five times for the same reason and Verizon gave her a Samsung Galaxy 3 and her warranty was up also, neither of us had a extened warranty and Verizon didn't ask for any money. Sometimes you just have to know how to talk to people to get what you need, if you're nice and respectful most people will respond the same way.
     
  6. acejavelin

    acejavelin Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    Messages:
    790
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    North Dakota, USA
    Ratings:
    +10
    No, not calling you liar at all, your situation is unique enough to air some skepticism though. I would think after this amount of replacements you have had, that Verizon would just replace the device with something different. I hope you get your devices fixed and everything is good for some time!
     
Search tags for this page
htc rezound how do i access the screen while on a call
,
htc rezound screen black during call
,
htc rezound screen goes black
,

htc rezound screen goes black during call

,

htc screen black during call

,
htc screen off during call
,
lg g2 phone goes black when on call
,
lg g2 screen goes black during calls
,
rezound screen goes black
,
screen goes black while on call droid dna