Screen goes black when receiving calls, text messages crash

kjm018

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid Eris last fall, I loved it. I thought it was the best smartphone I'd ever had.

Now, I have such problems with the phone and the keyboard that I'm ready to toss it out the window, pay the penalty on my contract and sign up for an iPhone.

The problems seem to have gotten worse since the update that was sent out a month or two ago.

Among the most often and annoying problems:
  • When receiving a call, the phone screen goes black. It does not pop up the name or number of who is calling. I often cannot answer the phone, even when pushing the green call button.
  • When I turn the phone sideways to type a text message, the message application crashes. Or the ball won't scroll in one direction or both to allow me to edit what I wrote.
Today, when I was speaking on the phone for several minutes and was mid-sentence, I suddenly heard the phone ringing again. My phone had put one call on hold, then called the same person again. He had to click over to "call waiting" to continue talking to me.

Does anyone else have these problems?

And better yet, any solutions?

Thanks for any help!

aDroidman

Reaction score
That does not sound like a problem that we can help you with. If you have not rooted it then I would take it to your providers store and have them look at it. If its a problem with Android then it would have been found by now and more people would have the same problem.