1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen goes black after droid logo

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dsaffo, Jun 23, 2011.

1. dsaffo

dsaffo New Member

Hi everyone,

I am using stock gingerbread on my droid x. Last night, I was trying to set a wallpaper in Zedge. It seemed to be trying to do it for a while, then the phone locked up. When I did a battery pull, the phone would get through the Motorola logo, then the droid logo, and then I would hear the Droid sound meaning it was starting up. However, the screen would go black, and I cannot do anything with the phone. I am not sure if it is related to trying to set the wallpaper or not.

I was able to get to the boot screen by holding the home button when starting up. I deleted the cache, but that didn't fix it. I am hoping to avoid a factory reset. I then tried to boot the phone in safe mode by holding the menu key during start-up, but the screen is still going black (which makes me think it isn't the wallpaper). I think I am doing it right, because the phone vibrates instead of making the droid sound.

Has anyone ran into this before, or have any suggestions? Am I doing safe mode correctly?

Thanks for your help.
Search tags for this page
andriod goes black after htc start up logo
android phone boots with motorola logo but black afterwards
droid 3 screen goes black after restart
droid 4 boots then screen goes blank

droid bionic logo screen comes on then goes blank

droid black screen safe mode
droid screen goes black after boot up
droid x black screen after booting
droid x boots on then goes black
goes to elonex start up screen then android then goes blank