Screen Flashes On When I Receive SMS...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok heres the problem

I downloaded and installed a few (like 9) apps last night before going to bed. Now today when I get text messages my phone's screen lights up for a quick second then goes back off. I dont think its really a problem but its quite annoying

I would delete all of the apps but I customized them and it would take quite a while to go thru all of that. I was just seeing if anyone had this problem before and any quick fixes.

Also, none of the apps were like brand new. Most of them had many downloads on it already.

I just dont see why its doing this.

Retribution

Reaction score
Gee you might has well been more vague and not mentioned how many apps you downloaded. But since you decided to let the psycics among us solve your problems one could logically conclude that perhaps it was an app that deals with SMS

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay sorry I was assuming someone else out there downloaded that one app and started to have it happen to them they could tell me what went wrong

Ok I downloaded
dolphin browser
mybackup
tunewiki
draw
wallpapers
yellowbook

but i didnt think it could help. I deleted one that was the SMS backup (where it backs your texts on gmail) bc i thought that was the problem but it didnt fix it.

Retribution

Reaction score
Hmm can't ser those apps causing that. Do you have handcent or any other sms related apps. As far as I know the Droid doesn't do that natively

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no not currently on my phone and it didnt always do it just in the last day or two. i did have handsent for a while but deleted it

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine does it to, but i dont mind. people think im psychic when i pick up my phone before it vibrates or makes a sound

allikanbe

Reaction score
no not currently on my phone and it didnt always do it just in the last day or two. i did have handsent for a while but deleted it

Excuse me for asking, but did you really DELETE the hansent app or did you just put the icon shortcut in the trash? If you did the latter, then the handcent app could still be on the Droid and functioning. This app can have a popup on the screen when a new message is received.

OP
Abe21599

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Excuse me for asking, but did you really DELETE the hansent app or did you just put the icon shortcut in the trash? If you did the latter, then the handcent app could still be on the Droid and functioning. This app can have a popup on the screen when a new message is received.
No I actually went to applications and uninstalled it to see if it would fix the problem. and it didnt.