Screen Filter

Sparkimus

Reaction score
The D4's screen is very bright, and even on the lowest setting it's a little too bright in the dark for me.

I found a great app for making the screen dimmer, and it also can control the soft buttons and keyboard backlights. I have widgets on my homescreen for 62% and 82% filters with and without soft button lighting.

Just search for "Screen Filter" on the market.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root Dim is another great alternative but it requires root access...

OP
Sparkimus

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Nice one! The only thing Root Dim is missing are widgets. Other than that, it seems like a great program. I like that it can control the keyboard backlight and soft button lights separately.

OP
Sparkimus

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Nevermind, just saw the tip about creating shortcuts. Same functionality as widgets :p

ricpdjrr

Reaction score
The D4's screen is very bright, and even on the lowest setting it's a little too bright in the dark for me.

I found a great app for making the screen dimmer, and it also can control the soft buttons and keyboard backlights. I have widgets on my homescreen for 62% and 82% filters with and without soft button lighting.

Just search for "Screen Filter" on the market.

Can you control when the keyboard lights are on or just the brightness??

OP
Sparkimus

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Yes it can, but I found that Rootdim did a better job of controlling them. If you are rooted you should check that one out.