Screen Density Hack

fearthewopr

Reaction score
I love using =192 screen density on my droid. Used v5-6 MIUI for a good month without it(which is crazy since I usually change roms so often).

I am running CM6.1 now and love it, but really miss miui's sms, dialer, etc...

Can someone try the density hack on the latest version for me? pretty please? make a backup first :)

How to do it:
change your lcd density in build.prop to: 192

Eschy

Reaction score
Seems to be working fine for me. Booted up havent really tested any apps. Not sure if i like it but its working

OP
F

fearthewopr

Reaction score
Seems to be working fine for me. Booted up havent really tested any apps. Not sure if i like it but its working

hmm thats promising. I just got boot loops when I tried with the older versions.

xformulax

Reaction score
i've been running 160... no issues except for a few apps that dont like density changes on any rom.

bookie

Reaction score
It's like changing the resolution on your computer. My calendar widget quits working when I change mine so I don't usually lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What exactly does this do?

changes the way the screen looks

looks fine to me OP, except for the tabs in the messaging app and the fancy widgets clock widget on the home screen

uJdze.png
lLgh5.png
4WvE7.png

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm I thought there was a little more to it ha. So, it just makes it look cooler?

xformulax

Reaction score
Hmm I thought there was a little more to it ha. So, it just makes it look cooler?

thats subjective.

change your monitor to 800x600

pretend thats the droid now.

then change it back to where it was.... thats what this hack does.

(not really, but thats the easiest way to make someone understand)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see. I'll have to mess around with that some. I didn't even know it was there. While you guys are hopefully still here I was hoping you could shed some light on something for me. How can a theme create custom icons for apps and the icons not be included in the theme? For example, the custom rounded icons theme has a custom Facebook and navigation icon but I took a look inside since I'm customizing it to my liking and I didn't see either icon inside. Not in the framework or icon folder

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xformulax

Reaction score
I see. I'll have to mess around with that some. I didn't even know it was there. While you guys are hopefully still here I was hoping you could shed some light on something for me. How can a theme create custom icons for apps and the icons not be included in the theme? For example, the custom rounded icons theme has a custom Facebook and navigation icon but I took a look inside since I'm customizing it to my liking and I didn't see either icon inside. Not in the framework or icon folder

the customized icon created by the theme is located in /data/system/customized_icons1

the theme can literally add borders and stuff to icons it doesn't have in the theme... thats where it stores them.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
keep the thread on the topic of the screen density hack please

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

the customized icon created by the theme is located in /data/system/customized_icons1

the theme can literally add borders and stuff to icons it doesn't have in the theme... thats where it stores them.

I meant ones like, let's say gmail, it looks different than the others. But I found the ones I couldn't find in the theme. Earlier they weren't there. Might've been looking at one I've stripped. If I add an icon from another theme, will the theme I dropped in automatically change the icons shape to it's default shape?

EDIT: Sorry, jamezelle. I was replying when you posted that so I didn't see it until afterwards