1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen CoversFor Droid X!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by NR90, Dec 9, 2010.

1. NR90

NR90 New Member

They really tick me off.
    First off there 20 Bucks! Rip off!
    Second. I can never get it straight.
    Third. When I do get it straight there is always hair or other crap inside it sticking to it and it ruins the screen piece. Waste of money.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman New Member

Some are as low as 5 for $3.00 on Ebay, shipped.....some are almost $20 for one....and there's all the ones in-between.

In my experience, if you use the ones that have the two-tabbed outer protectors (that you remove just prior to placement) over the actual screen protector itself....and you wipe the screen down first with the provided cloth....there is little chance of hair/dust getting on the screen. My Verizon one went on in 15 seconds, including squeegee use, with no bubbles or debris.

In general, no matter which brand you use, you need to follow the directions exactly.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

There is no need for a screen protector on the X, They are a waste of money.
    Gorilla Glass is hard to scratch.
  4. eggsped

eggsped New Member

Applying screen protectors is pretty painless once you get the hang of it. I used to go batty trying to get them on and always had bubbles or crud under the screen. I watched this or a video very similar to this and now apply screen protectors in under a minute and rarely have issues.

Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor New Member

i blame user error. :)
  6. joker402

joker402 New Member

:) :) yep

and gorilla glass isnt 100% scratch proof, a piece of plastic goes a long way.
  7. Cornholeo

Cornholeo New Member

Steiheil Ultra Clear FTW!

Turn on hot shower, close door and let bathroom steam up for a couple of minutes. DO NOT LEAVE PHONE IN THERE. Open door and let steam settle. Go in and apply protector without dust. Best way to apply screnn protection period. Someone posted this method a while back and it just works!
  8. lterry913

lterry913 Member

I have found that if you get the screnn wet and then apply the prtector along the long side of the phone it is easier to get straight...then use th squeegy that comes with the protector to push air bubbles out...that is where the damp screen comes into play...it helps bublles to slide out and then evaporates...don't get crazy with the water ...but this is the same way zagg protectors are applied and it really works.
  9. mumfrey

mumfrey New Member

i highly recommend the verizon brand anti-glare screen protectors. 15bucks for 3 of them and i tell you they make a world of difference in enjoying glare free viewing. i suggest you check them out. you'll never go back to the 'shiny' covers again.

10. er0wid

er0wid New Member

I bought the ones Verizon sells at their stores and they're worth every penny.
  11. .paul

.paul New Member

Maybe it's just me, but when using the anti-glare protectors it's easier to swype. Whether there is crud on my fingers or crud on the screen, I don't have a problem -- the same can't be said for an unprotected screen.
  12. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Yup I agree. I have had my Steinheil on four different X's and it still looks like new.
  13. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

Really....tell that to the Two little scratches the previous owner left on the screen. in most cases, this is true, but i have a feeling if he was using a protector, the screen would be flawless right now.

do the verizon protectors cover the entire glass? i saw some, and have some from the Prev. owner that only cover the LCD....terrible idea IMO.
  14. Janet1025

Janet1025 New Member

I just bought from 2 different sellers on ebay one was the adhesive type and I can not seem to get all of the bubbles out so I bought from another seller and its the static cling but gives it such a grainy look
    Short of leaving it naked not sure what to do!
  15. deathshead

deathshead New Member

Stop messing around with Junk and get a steinheil, they are 99% undetectable you have any cover over the glass.
  16. mumfrey

mumfrey New Member

the verizon anti-glare only covers the viewable portion of the screen, not the entire glass surface. this seems most adequate, imo. as i stated, the anti-glare covers make it so much easier to enjoy the display. i find the glare of no cover and other covers to be very distracting. and as another poster stated, it is much easier to use the touchscreen with the anti-glare coating. win-win, imo.

17. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

We've had the anti-glare protectors since we got our phones. I find it very non-intrusive and I feel better knowing my screen is protected. And I do feel it provides effortless swyping. Once every week or so I clean the screen with a glasses cleaning cloth.

18. nibblit

nibblit New Member

You're correct. It took me hours of practice. Surprised I didn't go mad. o.0

If you don't want to waste your time and your sanity, Best Buy offers screen protector placement as a service.
    Disclaimer: I do not work for Best Buy.

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 screen saver