Screen completely out - how do I erase data?

mbkintner

Reaction score
All-

My daughter dropped her RAZR Maxx which resulted in a small crack on the screen. This despite being only a 3 foot drop onto carpet. I've ordered an Incredible 4G for her to use temporarily while I send the Maxx in for repair. The Incredible will get passed on to her sister.

The screen was working with some artifacts and discoloration but slowly got worse to the point that the screen is completely out. How can I erase all of the data on the phone and reset it to factory state without seeing the screen?

Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Plug into your PC and hope that it is already set to usb mass storage. If it is, then you will be able to copy her files she may want from the internal sd card onto the pc.

It may be possible for you to get into recovery where you can see it. Doubtful but worth a try. If you can't see it, someone knows the correct # of times to hit each button to make an fdr work (I think it was FoxKat who wrote a post on exactly this).

With phone off, press and hold the the power button and both volume up and down buttons. If you are able to see the menu, then you can proceed to:

Navigate with volume down to recovery and press power to select it.

At the dead Android guy, hold both volume up and down at same time.

This will bring you to the recovery menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate to factory reset and the power button to select it.

If need be and we can't find the post, I can figure out the correct # of hits.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

William_04_x

Reaction score
Try using an hdmi connection to your tv.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
M

mbkintner

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions but before I pursue them.....

I just remembered that I have SeekDroid installed on her phone. Would it be easier to do a remote wipe? I believe that would erase everything. Yes?