Screen comparison

hexdaemon

Reaction score
I've been waiting until they officially announced the specs on this phone to ask this question, but I really want to know as much as I can about this screen. I was a little disappointed hearing the GNex had a pentile screen, even if it is supposed to be better than Motorola's. Can anyone tell me how the super LCD on the Resound will compare with others, specifically the SAMOLED of the gnex?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

IXIKelsonIXI

Reaction score
Hearing great things about it. All of the hands on reports today say it is amazing. It is an SLCD 720p screen. Saw somebody say it looks more clear and crisp than the iPhone. GNex might have better colors. But in terms of clarity, I think this one is going to be king. The Rezound has the highest PPI of any device on the market.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hearing great things about it. All of the hands on reports today say it is amazing. It is an SLCD 720p screen. Saw somebody say it looks more clear and crisp than the iPhone. GNex might have better colors. But in terms of clarity, I think this one is going to be king. The Rezound has the highest PPI of any device on the market.

Nooooo....the g nex wont have better colors. More pleasing maybe if you like high contrast, very saturated colors(I like it). Not more accurate though. The slcd screen on my dinc 2 is already very nice at 800x400.

This will have the best screen of any out I bet.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

Last edited:

bigdad63

Reaction score
342ppi! I can't wait to tell the iClone people (with their measily 330ppi) to stick that in their pipe and smoke it.

Vakharn

Reaction score
I have to say that's one of the biggest draws of this phone. SLCD has far better color accuracy than any amoled. Add to that the fact that the galaxy nexus' amoled is a pentile matrix screen (though, a very good one, so that isn't a big factor) and the rezound does have a few points in its favor. I am curious to see how it stacks up against the galaxy nexus on benchmark scores, and to see how its camera compares.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Soo I went into the Verizon store and keyed the hell out of it with my sharpest key as hard as I could!!!!

Not one scratch.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soo I went into the Verizon store and keyed the hell out of it with my sharpest key as hard as I could!!!!

Not one scratch.

You the man, was waiting for a serious scratch test like yours.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

orionsvantage

Reaction score
You went to Verizon and attempted to ruin some of their property? Bad form.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Nice to know!! Not to worrried cause they threw in a Otterbox Defender case for me:icon_ banana::D

Chris

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I've been playing with mine all day, and I have to say this is the nicest screen I've ever laid my eyes on (in a phone anyway)!!

Colors pop, great contrast, not a trace of motion blur, schweet!

combatmedic870

Reaction score
You went to Verizon and attempted to ruin some of their property? Bad form.

I did.....and failed.... :)

they were being jack holes to me anyhow! If it would have scratched i would have whistled a little and walked out like nothing happened.:icon_ lala:

Now im not saying that the screen wont scratch...but the fortified glass they used is good stuff.

I plan on doing this to the nexus as well.....:)

Last edited:

orionsvantage

Reaction score
I'm going to sound like a stick in the mud here, but that's not your property to be running scratch tests on. Even if the sales people were annoyed there is no justification for attempting to vandalize their stuff.

I understand that its just a demo unit that will probably never make it onto a consumer account but the device still costs money to produce. Also I'm willing to bet that a decent rep would do a scratch test for you. I know that if a customer is curious about screen scratch resistance ill take out my own keys and key the device myself (this has burned me in the past, though)

/oldmanrant

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm going to sound like a stick in the mud here, but that's not your property to be running scratch tests on. Even if the sales people were annoyed there is no justification for attempting to vandalize their stuff.

I understand that its just a demo unit that will probably never make it onto a consumer account but the device still costs money to produce. Also I'm willing to bet that a decent rep would do a scratch test for you. I know that if a customer is curious about screen scratch resistance ill take out my own keys and key the device myself (this has burned me in the past, though)

/oldmanrant

Your fine man, and I understand where you coming from. I have no regrets(besides not having a knife on me, since it would be harder metal)! :D

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I owned a Dinc for a year and I am a landscaper. In the pocket with sand, tools, keys. Various drops, face plants, etc and my screen never scratched or cracked so I am not worried about that at all.

Only thing about the screen... being old and having questionable eyesight, everything is TINY because of the high res. Colors are not as saturated as they were on the Samsung Charge but then again, over saturation isn't natural to begin with.