screen click

snake

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forum. Had the moto droid a couple weeks and love it. As with anything, they all have quirks. I experienced a light "click" in the bottom left corner of screen when pressing on it. My last phone was the LG dare which required more force than the Droid and I've trained myself to a more sensitive touch but Ive researched the "clicking" and found related articles. Some said they've gone through numerous units. I considered swapping the phone for a replacement but I was very satisfied with all other functions. I had success eliminating this issue simply by cleaning the area with a small amount of furniture Polish to keep the contact points from sticking. No stick, no click. Even though my screen feels tight and solid and slid open and closed nicely there is a minimal amount of movement obviously. The phone is after all two separate pieces. Holding the phone up to light proves a small amount of space between the two. After cleaning the area which i saw no visable residue, the problem was solved and never returned. I was curious if anyone else here experienced this?

JamesX

Reaction score
Many people have posted that most cases will firm up the phone enough to eliminate the slide problem.

I ordered a Seido (Sapphire Blue) case just for that purpose. Just waiting for it to arrive now. Hopefully it will do the trick.

mjs31

Reaction score
I had a click there as well, but turning off haptic feedback made it dissapear.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I don't think he's talking about haptic feedback. There's a loose spot on the bottom left of the phone where it doesn't fit as snugly as the rest, just very minimal, but mine has it too.

tennvol

Reaction score
I have it to and got a replacement (I'm on my 3rd Droid). The replacement is a newer build and is even worse than my old one.

Echo3

Reaction score
No click on mine. My slider/screen is stiff and will not move if I press down on that area.

OP
S

snake

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear my device is of average product quality. The two pieces feel nice and firm. The slide feature is solid, and just the right amount of restriction in both directions... far from sloppy. I can't "wiggle" one portion away from the other. Like I said, it's not much space at all between the keyboard and screen. The phone was only a day out of the box when I started to notice it. After cleaning the corner it disappeared. If it weren't for that I would've never noticed the movement as it is completely unnoticed now. I saw another thread where someone put electrical tape in this area to make up the difference. But as long as it's not sticky, it's not clicky, so I'm cool without the tape or case :) I considered a case but always preferred my phone without one

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I have it to and got a replacement (I'm on my 3rd Droid). The replacement is a newer build and is even worse than my old one.

Just got my replacement Droid today, brand new. It has the clicking even worse than the previous one as well. Not happy about it at all......

FireDroid

Reaction score
These sites are good and BAD, they breed mass hysteria!! Mine is fine, and most are probably fine, then you read on hear and go check and then paranoia starts to set in until you THINK you have this problem!

Tiller, not to bust b*lls but you have been on here in different threads bashing your phone for it's short comings, if the phone is that bad RETURN IT and go with another brand!!

There are very tight tolorences to the build of this phone, there will be a little play in any slider phone you get, this one just has more "eye's" on it than the others so you dont hear about other's!

Just use your phone and be happy, I am sure the mystery click is not going to ruin your phone or it's operation!

imiller913

Reaction score
I noticed this on mine too but not a big enough deal for me to exchange it.

JamesX

Reaction score

Just got my replacement Droid today, brand new. It has the clicking even worse than the previous one as well. Not happy about it at all......

Same here. Fortunately, when I open and close it a few times it managed to "catch" so now it is firm. I am never opening it again for fear of having the click click again >.<;

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
These sites are good and BAD, they breed mass hysteria!! Mine is fine, and most are probably fine, then you read on hear and go check and then paranoia starts to set in until you THINK you have this problem!

Tiller, not to bust b*lls but you have been on here in different threads bashing your phone for it's short comings, if the phone is that bad RETURN IT and go with another brand!!

Bashing my phone?? I think I contribute constructive feedback about it. And of the 100 or so posts I have maybe 3-4 can be viewed as negative. My 10 day old phone died on me today, was that just in my head?? I get a brand new phone and it isn't as solid as the previous one, also not in my head.

I have another 20 days on this phone and maybe I will return it, but I'm not ready to at this point.

Don't take it personal if there's problems with these phones.

frbooker87

Reaction score
Yea my Droid has the same click to it but I don't think its anything to worry about though. If its still working right I don't think its a cause for any panic.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
i don't think it's a cause for alarm. It is a minor annoyance however. I'm sure it will become unnoticeable over time.