screen cleaning

bassrunner67

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone thinks the best solutions to clean the screen are? I just took the screen protector off for the first time since I bought it on launch day and it had a terrible film on the screen that is nearly impossible to get off. How harsh of glass cleaner can we use before it will mess it up?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would NOT use any kind of cleaner!!!

Just use something kinda like a cloth that you clean reading glasses with.....scrub a little harder lol but not too hard!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The screen is glass so any mild glass cleaner or 'monitor/screen' cleaner will be fine. The cloth you use is more important than the solution (i.e. NO paper-towels, use a glasses cloth or similar). Also plain rubbing-alcohol will work fine as well (and that's all that's in most 'monitor cleaning' wipes).

On a side/related note the best glass gleaner in general I've found is 'Invisible Glass' it's completely 'non-abrasive' and is actually meant for use on auto window tint (which can be VERY delicate). It also has the best 'no streak' properties of all the cleaners I've tried.

OP
B

bassrunner67

Reaction score
Yea I understand the importance of the cloth. I have only used the lint free lens cloths. I was more wondering about the solution. I work in a manufacturing plant and there will be different things that get on the screen a cloth alone will not remove

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I understand the importance of the cloth. I have only used the lint free lens cloths. I was more wondering about the solution. I work in a manufacturing plant and there will be different things that get on the screen a cloth alone will not remove

Goto Walmart (or any auto store) and grab a bottle/can of the Invisible Glass. You'll love it. For more 'suborn' things you may have to bring out the rubbing alcohol but not often. You'll LOVE the IG cleaner on all your glass (especially your car, even w/o tinted windows). It seams a little pricey at first (compared to the cheap generic cleaner(s)) but after you see the results, and the fact it lasts a LONG time it's wort the price.

zipdisk2003

Reaction score
I used Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Tissues that used for glasses cleaning for screen cleaning. So far so good. I like using them very much! you can try as well.

Papachabre

Reaction score
[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8"]The screen is pretty tough.[/video]

I'm not saying to use sandpaper to clean it (any silica-based medium would likely scratch it) but you can probably use Windex or lens cleaner without a problem.

I'm thinking of buying glass polish to make sliding my finger on it easier. What do you think?

dbarrett480

Reaction score
The screen is pretty tough.

I'm not saying to use sandpaper to clean it (any silica-based medium would likely scratch it) but you can probably use Windex or lens cleaner without a problem.

I'm thinking of buying glass polish to make sliding my finger on it easier. What do you think?

Funny you mentioned that video. I watched it right after I got my Droid and figured I didn't need a screen protector. Well I now have a 1 inch long very noticeable scratch on my screen and have no idea how it happened... oh well live and learn, right?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zeiss Lens Cloths available at WalMart for 2.99 for 50 of them. Works great. I clean my classes and my Droid with one cloth.:)

SR20S13

Reaction score
I just spray some glass cleaner from work onto a paper towel works fine for me....but I habe a screen protector