Screen captures on a nonrooted phone!?

rage813

Reaction score
Is there anyway to do a screencap on a non rooted phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
No. I think the Evo has some kinda thing where you press a combo of buttons and it takes a screen shot, but you will never be able to take a screen shot using your D2 without root. Back in the day when I had a D1 I seen a post that said you could take one by using some program on the computer but you had to run software and hook via usb to computer and all that. Huge pain and not worth it. Just root. It isn't that big of a deal. You don't have to flash rom and stuff. Just root for the root only apps. You won't regret it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Gritwater

Reaction score
Yes.... home+ + allows nonroot phones to screencapture.

Plus there is a long complicated process that allows you to screencap through your computer.

But rooting and unrooting is simple enough to do with apps like z4root

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is screen capturing really worth the root though? For me it would take more than that to violate my warranty. I am rooted but because of wireless tether and Oc....screen capturing seems to be on the lower end of the totem pole of reasons.

OP
R

rage813

Reaction score
I dont get why the just dont put it into the OS like you just hit the menu button then you can do it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Gritwater

Reaction score
The unroot feature of z4root takes care of warranty issues

And it was always a question of mine as to why they couldn't make an app when home++ home replacement does it without root.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The manufacturers probably figured there wouldn't be a demand for it so they left it out. Didn't stop them and the carriers from deciding to install bloatware ($$) though.
I originally rooted just to overclock myself but, it was when I learned about all of the other things root allowed me to do, my addiction was born! :)

And it was always a question of mine as to why they couldn't make an app when home++ home replacement does it without root.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thats wrong... Thats like me working at a store, stealing money out of the register and betting on races...after i win..well i just put the money back. Not the same as stealing right? and even if you lose, their loss right? Just saying. Im rooted, but im not going to cheat the system.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I agree with ilikemoneygreen...

And so wat if ur warranty is voided... ya droids aren't cheap. But we all kno we really didn't pay that much for them to begin with. Special pricing + 2yr contract deals and rebates come on its no more than any of us used to pay for cheap ass phones now back when they came out. Rooting is the best thing u can do to a droid. Take advantage of it.

And if ur phone breaks... its really ur fault to begin with. Ya they are pricy payin out full money for. But sites like amazon and ebay make it close to just as cheap as when u bought the phone to begin with.

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<