screen calibration maybe

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
Posted a bit ago about my search soft key not working or detecting i am even touching it. I am unrooted and back to stock 2.1 nothing got fixed. tried installing a new keyboard..and everything. don't know what to do

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. You mentioned that you are unrooted and back to 2.1. What process did you use to go back to stock? Have you tried a factory reset?

Mike

OP
K

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
I just used the sbf method and over the air update and got back to stock 2.1 I was told to try that to see if it was a hardware issue or software. But it seems it might be a hardware. My search soft key lights up just fine. but when i touch it it doesnt respond at all. and on my stock keyboard when i try to hit the backspace key it hits the M key which is right next to it? I thought maybe the calibration might of been off but im not sure. And I do not know how to do a factory reset or if it would even be worth it to work. I do have insurance on the phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you have this problem prior to rooting and unrooting? Here is a linkhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html to unroot. Is this what you used and are you positive that everything completed successfully.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
K

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
I didnt get that link in that last reply. But i followed everything to a T from this website on using rsd lite and everything went through just fine..im running 2.1 update 1 on my phone everything looks good to go. My phone it seems like the touch screen is out completley on the ride hand side like from the search soft key all the way up the phone to the search button on the market place..its ilke that whole strip isnt responsive. and no i did not have this problem prior to root.

OP
K

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
I started out being unrooted then rooted to bugless beast through rom manager. Right now i cant run anything that is rooted im completely stock 2.1. WHen i rooted i had no problems what so ever with any of these things. One day i was on my phone most the day like usual and i was texting someone back using the virtual keyboard in portrait mode and all of a sudden i went to hit delete on something i messed up on and it kept hitting the letter M a bunch of times then it worked again then it went out again. and that is where it has been. I tried reinstalling another rom wiped data and cache. tried 3 or 4 roms. Was then told to try and go back to stock to see if it was a hardware or software problem. So you think I should try to redo the update through the .zip method?

OP
K

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
And if i do the update zip method will i still get the OTA even though i have already done this the sbf way.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive the update.zip method will resolve your issue. What I was hoping was to get back to stock before the ota update and have you see if you are able to use the soft keys.

OP
K

Kcshuffle

Reaction score
yeah i tested it at stock 2.0.1 and nothing still the same problems. then after the ota still problems. it is just kind of weird that only that one sliver of the screen would be out like that. i dont understand it. at this point im thinking i might just have to go in to verizon and use my insurance or something. I really didnt want to but ive searched almost every forum out there with no results. it really just feels like a calibration issue becase im hiting that side of the phone and its actually hitting something that is next to it. but idk what else to reallly do

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This deffinately sounds like a hardware issue and would be covered under warranty. Motorola should replace it free. I have seen others with this problem and was resolved under warranty. Take it to verizon and tell them the problem and they should replace it free of charge.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk