Screen burn in

What316

Reaction score
I'm starting to notice some burn in/or whatever you want to call it. Just noticed it today, it's mainly the dock. I can see it if I open an app with a light background, like gmail for example. It will go away after 5-10 seconds, but comes right back if I go back home and open something again.

Anyone else with this? I keep my brightness either at auto or 15%. I know it's normal fit this type of screen, but this quick?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That is some pretty quick burn in. How long does your phone stay on before the screen turns off?

GoBears

Reaction score
If it goes away it's just image retention not burn in and it's completely normal.

thesandman00

Reaction score
If it goes away it's just image retention not burn in and it's completely normal.
Exactly. This definitely is not burn in. It is image retention. Burn in would be permanent. Burn in is a plasma/crt thing. This is middling annoying at first but then i got used to it.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get image retention for sure. Sometimes I'll notice my folder circles on pages I have no icons on at all. I'm using a grey wallpaper, so maybe it's easier to see them.

OP
W

What316

Reaction score

Thank you, that's the term I was looking for. That's why I said whatever you call it.
Anyways...Normal or not, it's a little unsettling. I dont have the screen on that long during the day. I guess I'll get used to it. Thanks guys for the info, always appreciated! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk