Screen broke, need help with backups and unrooting via ADB

freakqnc

Reaction score
I agree with guidot. I have never heard of pictures being stored on the phone's internal memory, however if in the scenario you described (SD card removed) some were stored on the phone's internal memory, they would be in the /data partition which gets wiped with a factory data reset. If somehow the old phone still has pics on it, then the phone would have had to be rooted and the pics stored in the /system partition.

In any event, if you are really worried about totally wiping the phone that much, again I agree with guidot. Use RSD Lite 4.6 and the latest .sbf file. That will totally wipe out everything and make it as close to straight from the factory as we are going to get it.

good luck

I know I thought photos were only stored on SD, apparently that's was not the case with the phone I received... and some pictures were... well somewhat very personal ;P But I do not get scandalized very easily so no problem there, I just deleted them manually using the gallery delete function.

I was a bit embarrassed more deciding if or not telling the ebay seller about it so that in future can take proper steps to better protect private data from ending up on strangers' hands... in the end I did tell the seller who was grateful.

Actually I am not afraid of wiping deep, I would like to really wipe the hell out of that phone so I will have peace of mind that whoever receives it will have something almost as if it has been shipped from the factory (except it's already rooted).

I think what I am doing will work although I will have no practical way to check. I am wiping via SPRecovery and will install different ROM too... so all the old stuff should really be gone ;)

Thanks so much for your help with this one too Teddyearp and Guidot... you guys rock! :rockon: Much appreciated! :)