Screen Broke, Help with Replacing It (Pictures Inside) Most Appreciated

boo54577

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So a couple days ago my friend dropped my phone and the screen cracked in a couple of places. He said he'll pay for the cost of damages but I feel a little bad (even though he broke it). I've looked online and it looks like I can just order a screen replacement part, however, I have a couple of questions about this.

Firstly, here are some pictures of the phone:
imgur: the simple image sharer

How can I tell if just the touch screen is damaged or if the LCD screen is damaged? It seems like that's important in terms of parts I order, so would anyone be able to tell me or let me know how to check myself?

Secondly, should I just order the replacement part and install it myself or should I spend the extra $100 and send it in to get fixed? I know very little about phones but if it's easy enough to do I'd like to try manual repair. The couple sites below are what I'm considering using.

For ordering the parts and installing myself: HTC Rezound Replacement Screens & Repair Parts

For sending my phone in: HTC Rezound Screen Repair $159 | HTC Rezound Repair | iReVampElectronics.com

If anyone knows of better sites to go through, it would much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

samiusmc

Reaction score
If you open it yourself, you will void the warranty. How long have you had the phone? If it's under 30 days, you can still buy insurance for it.

OP
B

boo54577

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's been about 1 and half months so I don't think that's an option. I was planning on rooting it at some point anyways, is it that risky to open it up?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's been about 1 and half months so I don't think that's an option. I was planning on rooting it at some point anyways, is it that risky to open it up?

If you've never seen the inside of a phone/MID then absolutely.

bigdad63

Reaction score
CAUTION!! If you so it yourself, know that your warranty is definitely going to be voided. There is a seal on one of the screws that must be broken for access. The incompetent person (or maybe I should say the person who showed incompetence in making the video) who gives the video tutorial forgot to say to remove the sd card before starting (he does say to remove the SIM card and battery though). It is not a high def video, so it is difficult to see that the sd card has already been removed. This is important because when the sd card is in it prevents the inner back from coming off of the way its supposed to. In the video he says you really have to work hard on some of the holding clips to get the back off , so I was prodding and twisting and for the life of me couldn't figure out why the back wasn't coming off. As soon as I took out the card it came right off. So I finally got my screen replaced ok and now my phone does not want to recognize my sd card it says it is empty or not insert So I got my screen replaced ok and now my phone does not want to recognize my sd card, says it's blank, or it says it is not inserted (yes, I tried manually and electronic remounting). And of course, now that the seal I'd I broken I can't take it in for service thanks to repairsuniverse.