Screen brightness

hapster

Reaction score
Being a 3rd shifter and a general night owl, I wish I could turn my Moto Droid screen down another couple of notches. Even with it turned all the way down now, it's still a lot brighter than what I need it to be. Do any of the addon apps let you turn it down any further?

Sent from my Droid

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Being a 3rd shifter and a general night owl, I wish I could turn my Moto Droid screen down another couple of notches. Even with it turned all the way down now, it's still a lot brighter than what I need it to be. Do any of the addon apps let you turn it down any further?

Sent from my Droid

10% is the normal lowest, there are hacks that take it down to 2%.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/56402-can-we-hack-brightness-go-lower-2.html <-- that thread has links to it and talks about it and the alternatives (check page two where someone uploads the updated version). You will need root permissions in order to do it.

OP
hapster

hapster

Reaction score
Cool. Thx!

[Edit] Ah, so that only works if you've rooted, etc. Any solution for stock/non-rooted?
Sent from my Droid

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Does anybody have any clue why my screen brightness keeps getting reset to the highest setting? It kills the battery every time before I realize that's what happened...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

hayn

Reaction score
So what does Automatic brightness actually do? Does it save battery?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, that's primarily the purpose for Automatic brightness, although it also helps with readability by keeping the brightness at levels which work well with the ambient light in the room or location where you are using the phone. If you go into a darkened room, the screen will dim, and if you go into the sunlight, it will brighten to the brightest setting.

hayn

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Yes, that's primarily the purpose for Automatic brightness, although it also helps with readability by keeping the brightness at levels which work well with the ambient light in the room or location where you are using the phone. If you go into a darkened room, the screen will dim, and if you go into the sunlight, it will brighten to the brightest setting.

So its good to leave it on automatic brightness then?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
3ugyqe4e.jpg
So its good to leave it on automatic brightness then?

That's what I do, leave it on automatic but some people have said that it actually uses more power. For me the extra visibility is the thing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: