Screen & Body Protectors

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well guessing the realease date is really hard but thankfully you can get the accessories before hand which means I have them whenever it doesn release.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

Yup at least you'll be prepared.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
Verizon- Have used this the longest, its has been battle tested on my droid-see results below. These are the screen protectors you buy in VZ when your checking out with your new phone-they seem to just get me every time.
Pros:
  • Convenient-right their in the store
  • Pretty slick feeling
  • tough at first
there*

Sorry, had to.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bump.

Since the Nexus came out, alot of people asking about screen protectors

natezire71

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm debating between getting me another Zagg, or trying out Steinheil. The reason I use Zagg is because there is a Zagg stand at my mall. I have 'em install it--I don't trust myself.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still can't find a dry application screen protector that covers the whole screen, only dry ones I can find have a big chunk cut out at the top right, not just the speaker and camera cut outs like the Skinomi/steinhil.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the Verizon Wireless ones. This is after a week or two of wear and tear for me. Clearly the corners are lifting up and once its even the slightest it bent it stays their so their is no repairing it from that point on, just got to slap on another new one. These scratch easily too. Their are also blotch scratch areas.... just rough all around. I would only recommend these if you were in a pinch and Bestbuy didnt have zagg or if you were waiting for your amazon order. I realize this is on my D1 but id like to emphasize that basically the same material is being used on screen protectors and they are just being cut out into a different shape for the various phones. They might improve the recipe every once and a while but past data is the reliable data. If improvements are made then cool, ill add it to this post. Pictures taken from my new nexus. Quit complaining about the 5mp camera btw, these look decent. :biggrin: sorry for the flash. I'm no photographer. I did my best.
All clean.jpgCorner 1.jpgcorner 2.jpgcover off.jpgOverall.jpg

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
scratch.jpg [video=youtube;hwyimtLcxA0]http://youtu.be/hwyimtLcxA0[/video]

Lol, sorry my video had no voice or anything, i just wanted to show that the blotch was indeed a big scratch and not something on top of the cover. Exciting stuff huh? lol, i thought it was funny how i lost focus in the camera mid point, shows how much i suck at making videos. btw, this is my other D1, i have a total of three from the past couple of years and this ones cover is obviously less beaten up then the other one. (most treasured D1 <3) :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow they really changed the screen protectors, made them smaller. When I got mine on launch day the only part it didn't cover were the hardware buttons. Never buying those screen protectors again though, absolutely horrible imo.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow they really changed the screen protectors, made them smaller. When I got mine on launch day the only part it didn't cover were the hardware buttons. Never buying those screen protectors again though, absolutely horrible imo.
Yeah, they used to follow the top and stuff (Nice spot cutout for speaker and camera) but i think they started with the smaller ones a year after the D1 came out. You can still get the full ones off amazon, i still have a couple laying around. smaller ones are more convenient though since you just go into vz and buy them with no wait.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah, they used to follow the top and stuff (Nice spot cutout for speaker and camera) but i think they started with the smaller ones a year after the D1 came out. You can still get the full ones off amazon, i still have a couple laying around. smaller ones are more convenient though since you just go into vz and buy them with no wait.
True, how much did those cost you? Not planning to buy, just curious. Still waiting on my Steinheil protectors that were supposed to be here yesterday, 3 business days my butt:angry:

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I need a screen protector that won't get fingerprints all over it (not non-glare though... that defeats the amoled screen)...

The verizon screen protector looks great BUT there are fingerprints all over,

Any recommendations?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I need a screen protector that won't get fingerprints all over it (not non-glare though... that defeats the amoled screen)...

The verizon screen protector looks great BUT there are fingerprints all over,

Any recommendations?
Read first post.

From my experience the best, imo, is the Ultra Fine line by Steinheil, but that isn't made for our Nexus yet. I have the Ultra Oleophobic coming and will post a small review of it once I get it on.