Screen black and unresponsive

boomerang

Reaction score
Randomly when I push the power button to bring my phone out of sleep the screen is black but dimly lit, unresponsive and I have to do a battery pull. Any ideas what is going on? Im not rooted or using any special launchers. My phone is the way I pulled it out of the box from Verizon.

Sent from my DROID PRO

StingRay

Reaction score
Haven't experienced anything like that....did this start after last week's update?

I'd give it a few days to see if it stops and then make a trip to Verizon if I were you....you past your initial 30 days yet?

flash24

Reaction score
I have experienced this a few times and I really don't have any explanation for it.

I wiped my device completely and haven't had this problem since.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
It started when I tried to install a bigger sd card, but after some trial and error I got the card working with no problems. It happened last night and now im worried this is going to be an ongoing problem.

dettofatto

Reaction score
It started when I tried to install a bigger sd card, but after some trial and error I got the card working with no problems. It happened last night and now im worried this is going to be an ongoing problem.

Do you have a lot of pics, or songs?
Because i think that the media scanner can hang our phones..

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
I got a bigger card and I've not had this happen any more. So im pretty sure it was the card.