Screen Apps - Question

jtcampbell

Reaction score
I borrowed this image from a user that posted in another thread, but I am curious as to how they got this large clock at the top of their screen, along with the date and weather under it?

Also, how is there that little cluster of squares at the bottom, where the arrow is on most Droids?

Can someone please tell me how they got this stuff? THX!

spc5tojllg48oufulu2.jpg

OP
jtcampbell

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Thanks. If anyone else knows how they got a different menu slider, let me know.

I'm looking for some great apps to change up my home screen, without having to root my phone or pay a lot of money.

Thx.

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Looks like he is running 2.1 or using 2.0.1 with the 2.1 Launcher.apk installed.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
Thanks. If anyone else knows how they got a different menu slider, let me know.

I'm looking for some great apps to change up my home screen, without having to root my phone or pay a lot of money.

Thx.
this guy has installed a 2.1 android rom. it requires you to root the phone. I advise doing A LOT of research if you intend to do this. the 2.1 launcher is available over at alldroid.com for some 2.0.1 roms but i dont know how well it works. most of the 2.1 features have been ported over to 2.0.1. the squares are the new 3D app drawer for 2.1 off the Nexus One. do some research on it and feel free to PM me if you need any help or have any other questions

OP
jtcampbell

jtcampbell

Reaction score
So what is the point in rooting and doing all of that junk if all of those features will soon come out with the 2.1 update that Verizon is supposed to release soon?

Seems pointless to me....just a little patience and it will be there without all of that hassle...

OP
jtcampbell

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Thanks, that looks like what I was looking for. But, I still don't just see why theres any point in going through all that trouble, when the 2.1 update will bring all of these new updates whenever it comes out....

Does anyone have any updated news about the release of 2.1?