Screen and Keyboard Problems

shfiftyfive2

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble with my Droid 3's screen. When I slide open the keyboard, the screen goes black. The buttons still light up, but I can't see anything on the screen. When I close it, this problem persists, but if I get it right, I can still feel the slight vibration from unlocking the main screen. The only way to fix this is a battery pull. I did a factory reset to see if this would fix the problem, but it did not. When it boots up, I can open up the keyboard about halfway and still see the Motorola Dualcore Technology Screen, but after that there's nothing, and I have to do another battery pull. Does anyone have any idea of a fix for this? I've never rooted my phone, if that helps any. Thank you very much for your time.

pistacio

Reaction score
That's a hardware issue, maybe a flex cable?

I have taken my GF's D3 apart when her keyboard was acting up, no backlight and the numbers didn't work. It was as simple as a loose connection internally. Pushed it in firmly and it worked.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

freaknormel

Reaction score
I am having the same here..it started all with a black screen , which didnt go on with power button, or any other key. i had to pull out battery,.
So now, like described here, when sliding up the keyboard, the phone freezes and after a while phone restarts( or when sliding down )
I just have to slide up the keyboard a little bit, so the ALT key is visible, than the screen goes black. When i push power button, the 4 buttons go on, but the screen is not coming back.

factry reset didnt help, neither rom change..looks like it is hardware related. is it the screen, or maybe a cable?

someone with same experience?
I will try to add a video so the problem is more clear

Last edited:

fingaz

Reaction score
I just started to have this same EXACT issue, but with my Droid 4. Have you guys found a way to fix this?

I am going to take apart the phone tonight and see if the flex cable is damaged.