Screen always on during call w/bluetooth headset or speakerphone

newbie455

Reaction score
I'm having a small software related issue with my phone's screen always being on during a call. I use a bluetooth headset a lot and that is when I have noticed this. If you don't use a bluetooth headset or speakerphone, you probably haven't noticed it.

Basically, I used to be able to push the power button during a call to turn the screen off. It seems however, that ever since I started using froyo, if I push the power button during a call while on the call screen, the screen shuts off for a few seconds then comes right back on. The workaround for this is to go to the home screen before pressing the power button, as the screen only comes right back on if I am on the call screen. Other than that, if I am using phone handset, the proximity sensor works fine. I'm assuming this issue has something to do with the phone responding to the the proximity sensor in modes where the proximity sensor should be ignored (ie bluetooth and speakerphone).

Has anyone else noticed this happening?

droidbaby

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. When a call comes in, my phone automatically just answers w the speakerphone on. I have to press the speakerphone button to bring it back to the headset. My phone is set to go to speakerphone when flipped over. In the past I haven't had this issue. Could it be the flip to speakerphone setting? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.