screebl

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Can someone explain what it actually does? Says it saves power and keeps screen on or something. Thanks, on the road and the website from the droid wasn't very helpful.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screebl is more of a way to keep your screens from turning when your working with your Droid. It can also keep your screen on during the call. For me it's probably my most important app.

I'm constantly having to look up from my Droid and the screen times out. With Screenplay this doesn't happen. You can also set up the orientation limits on both portrait and landscape.

It comes with a video that details how it can save your battery life. I highly recommend it. I bought the paid version I liked it so much.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Side question. I have Screebl lite installed And when m phone is not straight up and down the screen turns off. I had a discussion with the maker of Screebl but he did not have a Droid available to replicate my problem. Anyone else have this problem?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Side question. I have Screebl lite installed And when m phone is not straight up and down the screen turns off. I had a discussion with the maker of Screebl but he did not have a Droid available to replicate my problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you change the orientation ranges in the preferences? Perhaps you made them too small.

anewday

Reaction score

Same here. It's on the default settings and when I put the phone flat on the desk, the screen dims 5 second later, then off in another 5 seconds.

It won't allow you to set the orientation to 0 degrees. 5 degrees is the lowest it'll go. How am I supposed to disable this behavior. :(

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Same here. It's on the default settings and when I put the phone flat on the desk, the screen dims 5 second later, then off in another 5 seconds.

It won't allow you to set the orientation to 0 degrees. 5 degrees is the lowest it'll go. How am I supposed to disable this behavior. :(

On the paid version there are some "stillness" settings. It helps you save some battery power by letting you set the phone's sleep setting to 15 seconds.

anewday

Reaction score

On the paid version there are some "stillness" settings. It helps you save some battery power by letting you set the phone's sleep setting to 15 seconds.
That's not what I want it to do though.

warren83

Reaction score
What are your settings

What are your settings? For portrait and landscape. Also, did you change any other settings within from the defaults.
Thanks
Warren

anewday

Reaction score
Everything is default. 5 to 90 degrees for both portrait and landscape. I read that it the lock cannot be set under 5 degrees.

thetruth

Reaction score
Everything is default. 5 to 90 degrees for both portrait and landscape. I read that it the lock cannot be set under 5 degrees.

Double check that 'enable screebl' is check in the main window. Also, do you have it set to launch upon a reboot? Otherwise you will have to manually turn on screebl.

anewday

Reaction score

Double check that 'enable screebl' is check in the main window. Also, do you have it set to launch upon a reboot? Otherwise you will have to manually turn on screebl.
Yes, it's enabled. This is due to the lock from 5 to 90 degrees. Laying the phone flat is 0 degrees and there is no way to set that according to the manual:

"You can not adjust the lower bound below five degrees, as this would make it impossible to detect when the phone had been layed down
onto a flat surface."

http://keyeslabs.com/joomla/index.php/screebl-user-manual