Scratched my screen :(

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I noticed that I got shallow scratch that goes from just to the right of my home button to about halfway up the screen. I make sure to never put the phone in the same pocket as keys or change. I'm thinking this came from the zipper on a pouch I put the phone in on my bike, just sad since I've used the pouch hundreds of times with the Droid 2 and never any issues. The even more annoying part is that I have a belt holster that protects the screen, but left that at home knowing I was going to have it in the pouch most the day.
Just wanted to let everyone know to be careful because these screens are not very durable.

Coupe

Reaction score
I had my phone naked in my garage for the first few weeks of owner ship and I scratched it with my thumb. I have a small light "arc" from where I slide the unlock. I remember doing it one day, I had some dust on my screen that had metal in it I guess.

I put a self healing protector on it and its invisible now, it is the same thing as a ZAGG. BTW I got the screen on Ebay for about $3 shipped! (How can they even do that?)

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Stories like this are exactly why I always use a screen protector. I couldn't live with a scratch on my device. I would have to have the screen replaced. Glad to hear a story where the self healing protector made the scracth invisible!

flamewalker

Reaction score
I too made the mistake of not protecting mine right away and it face planted smack onto the asphalt. I got lucky... Dinged the plastic and have 2 tiny dings on the screen... One outside of the viewport that makes the protector have a little bubble (virtually undetectable unless you look for it in the light), and another one above the home and menu buttons within the viewport. With the screen protector its imperceptible unless you know where to look, hard to find even in light.

I got lucky. Next time I won't delay the screen protector. I don't use a case tho cause they either roll up the edge of the screen protector or make it feel too bulky. I'm just extra careful when walking around with it.

stemo

Reaction score
edemitch said:
DO they make an otterbox that works with the extended battery?

I use the defender front of the otterbox and the silicone skin. I have the extended 2750mAh battery.

acousticshade

Reaction score
VooDooCC said:
I noticed that I got shallow scratch that goes from just to the right of my home button to about halfway up the screen. I make sure to never put the phone in the same pocket as keys or change. I'm thinking this came from the zipper on a pouch I put the phone in on my bike, just sad since I've used the pouch hundreds of times with the Droid 2 and never any issues. The even more annoying part is that I have a belt holster that protects the screen, but left that at home knowing I was going to have it in the pouch most the day.
Just wanted to let everyone know to be careful because these screens are not very durable.

Glass is glass. Sure gorilla glass is a bit more durable, but it will still scratch just like regular corning glass. Dirt & sand are the biggest culprits.

gerrya

Reaction score
Is it possible to leave the back off? Arent the antennas in the back cover?

Caesars

Reaction score
It depends on the phone and version of extended battery. I have done this on previous phones and it worked great. If not...at some point (if not already) Seidio will come out with an extended battery/case combo.

B0B0

Reaction score
Glass is glass. Sure gorilla glass is a bit more durable, but it will still scratch just like regular corning glass. Dirt & sand are the biggest culprits.

I've noticed this. People drop and hit them off metal edges, but a little dust gets on the screen and it's all scratched up.
Weird how that works haha.

droid.user

Reaction score
Ill start with im very hard on phones, my wife, friends, and work will say that
Ive had D1 since it come out, never had a scratched screen. Dropped it numerous times, pocket it with keys and everything else
Ive had a Bionic for work with extended battery since july, dropped numerous times hard, hard enough the edge caved in a little. dropped in gravel.....no scratches.
Ive had 2 rezounds now not even a month. The first ended up all scratched up after 2 days, no drops, just pocketing it. got a replacement, new one within my 14 days. the replacement ive had for 3 weeks. Got scratches last night. the culprit had keys in the same pocket for about a 20 minute car ride.
The screen is amazing but so delicate.

kparks

Reaction score
droid.user said:
Ill start with im very hard on phones, my wife, friends, and work will say that
Ive had D1 since it come out, never had a scratched screen. Dropped it numerous times, pocket it with keys and everything else
Ive had a Bionic for work with extended battery since july, dropped numerous times hard, hard enough the edge caved in a little. dropped in gravel.....no scratches.
Ive had 2 rezounds now not even a month. The first ended up all scratched up after 2 days, no drops, just pocketing it. got a replacement, new one within my 14 days. the replacement ive had for 3 weeks. Got scratches last night. the culprit had keys in the same pocket for about a 20 minute car ride.
The screen is amazing but so delicate.

U should of learned after the first one and got a protector haha.. its prolly the coating on the screen scratched not the actual glass the Rezound does not have gorilla glass but it still has fortified glass essentially the same thing