scratch resistance

andrey

Reaction score
im still waiting for my phone in the mail. in the mean time, i had a question. hows the scratch resistance on the screen? i just hate having screen protectors on the screen. seems like a waste of money if you have to exchange the phone because of an issue. cant reuse the protector and verizon dont give you a new one? should i take my chances, or buy one

Beka27

Reaction score
Can't speak to scratch resistance but I know when my husband had to exchange his DX for a new one after a week, VZ gave him a new screen protector. It's worth an ask. That being said, I don't get how people go completely "naked"... you spend way too much money on this phone to not be able to spare $10 or $15.

(from Beka's DX)

moosez3

Reaction score
Can't speak to scratch resistance but I know when my husband had to exchange his DX for a new one after a week, VZ gave him a new screen protector. It's worth an ask. That being said, I don't get how people go completely "naked"... you spend way too much money on this phone to not be able to spare $10 or $15.

(from Beka's DX)

The cases make the phone too bulky for me, I guess I may get one, but I just got insurance in case anything really bad happens...

Reaction score
The glass on the Thunderbolt is not Gorilla Glass, but HTC uses another similar proprietary "tough-glass" technology. Many people have chosen to go naked, while just as many or more opted to get a screen protector. It will be scratch-resistant, but not necessarily scratch proof. With it being a significant investment, its worth getting a good screen protector just in case. Steinheil Ultra Crystal is so clear it looks like it is naked and is very strong and pretty thin, and comes in a 2-pack in case you need another.

mobileT83

Reaction score
im still waiting for my phone in the mail. in the mean time, i had a question. hows the scratch resistance on the screen? i just hate having screen protectors on the screen. seems like a waste of money if you have to exchange the phone because of an issue. cant reuse the protector and verizon dont give you a new one? should i take my chances, or buy one

I ran Phantom Skinz on my OG Droid for 2 years... love it and getting one for my Thunderbolt dancedroid

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Not a fan of cases because I don't like how they bulk it up. Protective screens...well I'm a fan of not having them on because I can't stand when they are not perfect. It actually drives me nuts...lol

I've had the D1 for a long without one & my screen looks new without any scratches.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Not a fan of cases because I don't like how they bulk it up. Protective screens...well I'm a fan of not having them on because I can't stand when they are not perfect. It actually drives me nuts...lol.

I thought I was the only one!! I'm not crazy after all haha.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah I'm the same way, I can't stand screen protectors. Especially on these nice big screens, its bound to get messed up somewhere. But my OG droid screen was perfect and never got any scratches on it. These glass screens are pretty hard to really scratch unless your just careless with your phone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of the naked Android phones too. Going to try to stay naked with the TB now too and see what happens.

PatrickJ

Reaction score
We should start a Naked TB CLUB! :)
<um...the phone naked, not the person> dancedroid

OP
A

andrey

Reaction score
got my phone. really cool. love it. probably going naked. thanks everyone for input.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
The glass on the Thunderbolt is not Gorilla Glass, but HTC uses another similar proprietary "tough-glass" technology. Many people have chosen to go naked, while just as many or more opted to get a screen protector. It will be scratch-resistant, but not necessarily scratch proof. With it being a significant investment, its worth getting a good screen protector just in case. Steinheil Ultra Crystal is so clear it looks like it is naked and is very strong and pretty thin, and comes in a 2-pack in case you need another.

It does have gorilla glass Products with Gorilla Glass.

OP
A

andrey

Reaction score
so i had my phone for 2 weeks now. got a few small scratched and one kinda big scratch. dont really remember how i got the big scratch, but its only noticeable when the screen is off. i will definitely get a screen protector next time i get a new phone.

Phoenix111

Reaction score
I have the Verizon screen protector on my tbolt and just noticed what seems to be a scratch. It's only visible with a white background. It makes the area with a scratch more translucent, almost rainbow colored.

I'm just curious if the scratch actually extends down to the actual screen or if the protector absorbed all of it. Problem is I don't want to take it off to find out because it can't be re-applied then. Anyone have experience with the Verizon brand screen protectors that can comment?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk