iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just a clip.....

2. This insurance does not apply to loss or damage caused by or
resulting from any of the following:

a. Delay, Loss of Use
Delay, loss of use, loss of service, loss of market, or any other
consequential loss or damage, including, but not limited to, loss
of time, loss of profits, inconvenience or delay in repairing or
replacing lost or damaged Covered Property.
b. Dishonest, Intentional, or Criminal Acts
Dishonest, intentional or criminal acts by an Insured or by any person
entrusted with Covered Property, whether acting alone or in collusion
with others, with respect to his or her coverage under this insurance.

c. Obsolescence
Obsolescence or depreciation.
d. Wear, Deterioration, Latent Defect
(1) Wear and tear, deterioration; or
(2) Hidden or latent defect, including equipment design defect, or any
quality in the property that causes it to damage or destroy itself.

So IMHO breaking or damaging the phone just to make a claim is fraud.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am sorry to disagree, but insurance does cover self inflicted damage.

Last time I filed I claim, I told them straight out---I dropped my phone too many times and now its not working right.

What you highlighted says that they are not responsible for loss of coverage (as in cell service), nor damages or loss of profit due to no cell service while they are repairing or replacing your property. It says nothing of physical damage.

M

Matth3w

Just a clip.....

2. This insurance does not apply to loss or damage caused by or
resulting from any of the following:

a. Delay, Loss of Use
Delay, loss of use, loss of service, loss of market, or any other
consequential loss or damage, including, but not limited to, loss
of time, loss of profits, inconvenience or delay in repairing or
replacing lost or damaged Covered Property.
b. Dishonest, Intentional, or Criminal Acts
Dishonest, intentional or criminal acts by an Insured or by any person
entrusted with Covered Property, whether acting alone or in collusion
with others, with respect to his or her coverage under this insurance.

c. Obsolescence
Obsolescence or depreciation.
d. Wear, Deterioration, Latent Defect
(1) Wear and tear, deterioration; or
(2) Hidden or latent defect, including equipment design defect, or any
quality in the property that causes it to damage or destroy itself.

So IMHO breaking or damaging the phone just to make a claim is fraud.
I'm just saying, I've made a claim where it could very well be considered intentional (how do they know I'm telling the truth about being pushed into a pool, and if so...still...) and they didn't even ask a second question.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Dropping it too many times and smashing it against a wall because you have a scratch in the screen and want a new one is two totally different scenarios.

mjs31

Reaction score
I got a small scratch within the first month as well. Many people have the misconception that glass will not scratch. Couldn't be further from the truth. Nothing like a grain of sand etc to prove these people wrong. Mine is not noticeable enough to do anything, but I now always put on a screen protector.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may not be important to the OP but it is to me. I would like to know how you scratched it. Glass does not scratch easily, there's even a You Tube video with a guy purposely taking his keys and trying to scratch the glass and he couldn't do it. And he was putting some muscle behind it.

And the glass on the Droid is Gorilla Glass, not all that easy to break either.

Now if you were wearing a diamond ring or something like that then I can see it happening. So how did it happen?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Dropping it too many times and smashing it against a wall because you have a scratch in the screen and want a new one is two totally different scenarios.

Perhaps, but when you consider that the touch screen is the only interface to this phone and a scratch can impede its use, it becomes pretty darn relevant.

Especially if the OP wants to hop on the Motorola support forums and show official Motorola employees reccomending against using screen protectors on the Droid.

If I were the OP, and had insurance (I dont think he does?), I would just tell them the truth: The screen is scratched, and hence damaged. I want to file a claim.

No fraud, no harm, no foul.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It may not be important to the OP but it is to me. I would like to know how you scratched it. Glass does not scratch easily, there's even a You Tube video with a guy purposely taking his keys and trying to scratch the glass and he couldn't do it. And he was putting some muscle behind it.

Now if you were wearing a diamond ring or something like that then I can see it happening. So how did it happen?

Sand will scratch glass quite easily. Being that a lot of dirt has sand in it....

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Sand will scratch glass quite easily. Being that a lot of dirt has sand in it....

But that's just making an assumption of what might have happened, he is just curious what actually *did* happen.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I made no assumption. I was just addressing that glass can be scratched very easily, with the right materials. Sand, diamond, and glass are good examples.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I made no assumption. I was just addressing that glass can be scratched very easily, with the right materials. Sand, diamond, and other glass are good examples.

I love how you like to debate. Point being: He wants to know what actually happened.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL.

Did you really think how you addressed my reply, that I would not debate?

Welcome to the internet. You said I made an assumption, when in fact, I did nothing of the sort. I am sorry that you are upset that I corrected you.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
LOL.

Did you really think how you addressed my reply, that I would not debate?

Welcome to the internet. You said I made an assumption, when in fact, I did nothing of the sort. I am sorry that you are upset that I corrected you.

Let me quote myself. "I love how you like to debate", I said what I meant. Maybe you should stop chastising people then do the same thing.

Listing things that *could have* been the problem doesn't answer his question, which was my point.

You aren't facilitating a response, you're just being cocky and trying to prove how smart you are to... OH, that's right, people on the internet. So make sure to wipe your feet on that welcome mat too.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL, I was addressing his comment that glass is not easily scratched. Stop trying to talk about things you think you know about, but in fact, do not.

I did not address how it happened for obvious reasons, because I do not know. You are not in any position to tell me what I can, or cannot comment on. Nor are you in any position to actually know what I am thinking, when I type something up, so feel free to cut that crap out, too. You do not know me, so stop trying to be cute.