Scratch on my screen :((

TSXXX

Reaction score
Come back from work this afternoon and I see a very thin and very faint scratch on about the top of my screen going from the side to about the middle. Would Verizon replace the phone for this or no? I'm thinking no but it's worth asking.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually was curious about this myself, haven't scratched my screen yet thankfully. I pay for insurance with Verizon(or whomever they deal with), if I scratch my screen would they replace it for $100? If not, couldn't you just break your phone and send it off then lol?

flyinion

Reaction score
Sounds like the "gorilla glass" that Samsung chose for this phone is not as good as the real thing? Guess I'll keep using screen protectors. I don't put keys or change in the pocket my phone goes in but why risk it I guess.

OP
TSXXX

TSXXX

Reaction score
No I never put coins, keys, etc. in the same pocket as my phone. And I observed that none of my coworkers never actually sat anything on it so I really have no idea how it happened :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
TSXXX

TSXXX

Reaction score
And you can only see the scratch while looking from an upward angle down onto the phone with certain lighting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Sounds like the "gorilla glass" that Samsung chose for this phone is not as good as the real thing? Guess I'll keep using screen protectors. I don't put keys or change in the pocket my phone goes in but why risk it I guess.

Ha, the "real thing". I had a rental RAZR with the "real thing" for a week and I took really good care not do damage it so I could return it and it still got a scratch on the screen. With the nexus I was less careful and has no scratches yet.

imchance

Reaction score
A single grain of sand will do it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah sadly sand can scratch even "gorilla glass", I want to get a screen protector but everyone I've tried for the Nexus has sucked.

Verro84

Reaction score
I went to the sunglass hut and bought a pouch for my bionic and every time i take it out it looks brand new without even a fingerprint.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
A single grain of sand will do it.

i go to the beach alot too.. :( .. i got a scratch on my TB.. i was able to live with it.... My TB got scratched after along time with no scratches so i was like Big Fn Deal.. as long as i dont scratch my nexus screen this month ill be fine. :p

jerroedr

Reaction score
so the skinomi arent good, neither are the invisishield? um there are other ones ive herd mentioned, but cant remember

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah sadly sand can scratch even "gorilla glass", I want to get a screen protector but everyone I've tried for the Nexus has sucked.

My gf has the Verizon ones and I actually like them. They feel good and look good. I have the otterbox so I don have to worry about any scratches, my screen hasn't even been touched and I plan on keeping it that way :) as far as insurance I've always had it on my phones and I wouldn't recommend it just for a scratch cause u get a refurb back.

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine got a small scratch too just from being in my pocket.. I think the problem is companies putting that anti-glare stuff on it now. The Droid 3 had the same problem with some people.

Now I got a non cheap screen protector(Verizon's are horrible so I rocked it naked, hate that it's matte and made the screen all fuzzyish) so I should be good.