Scott Clean Rom Pro 4.5 and phone dialer issues?

pmgreen

Reaction score
I'm running CleanRom 4.5 and notice an issue when making a call. The screen goes off while I'm talking and this making it annoying to hang up. Thought it was related to RocketDial but now using stock dialer and still have the issue. Display is set for 45 seconds, this happens way sooner.

Not sure if it's a phone setting, ROM setting or an issue between the keyboard and chair.

Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If your phone is by your head the proximity sensor should turn off the screen. If the screen times out then yeah, you will have to turn it back on to end the call. The latter is usually a problem when using speakerphone.

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
Thanks as always. Just so I understand, the proximity is supposed to help prevent accidentally hanging up on someone while talking (sure among other things but don't know what). But why does it not turn back on after it's away from my ear?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks as always. Just so I understand, the proximity is supposed to help prevent accidentally hanging up on someone while talking (sure among other things but don't know what). But why does it not turn back on after it's away from my ear?

It's supposed to. You might have a bad sensor. Try covering it with your hand when you're on the phone just to make sure it's turning the screen off and that the screen isn't timing out. If the proximity sensor isn't turning the phone off then you should probably exchange it for a new handset.

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
I flashed Turbo Prop v3.0 and now it works as expected. The screen goes black when it's near my ear and comes to life when it's not.