School Email question

ajrober5

Reaction score
I have looked on here and tried every thing but nothing has worked. My school uses google as its host but it is a [email protected] address. If anybody knows what server information to enter I would appreciate.

Also my school has this information and I have tried it all but it still doesn't work. I think it could be what I should enter in the user name field. I have been just putting the whole email address there.

[SIZE=-1]Service[/SIZE]/ [SIZE=-1]Function/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Location[/SIZE]/ [SIZE=-1]Port/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Security[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]IMAP Server/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Incoming Mail/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]imap.gmail.com/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]993/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SSL[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
POP Server/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Incoming Mail/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]pop.gmail.com/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]995/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]SSL[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
SMTP Server/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Outgoing Mail/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]smtp.gmail.com (Outlook 2003 and older, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail)/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]465/[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]TLS[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
SMTP Server[/SIZE]
/ [SIZE=-1]Outgoing Mail[/SIZE]/ [SIZE=-1]smtp.gmail.com (All other e-mail clients)[/SIZE]/ [SIZE=-1]587[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]/TLS[/SIZE]

Thanks in advance

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
you might have to log into your gmail account on your computer and allow POP or IMAP mail to be forwarded to the account

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already had my POP and IMAP enabled

well idk then.....

I had the same EXACT issue with Windows Live on my pc...I can't get my gmail account forwarded to windows live for some reason....i've never resolved this issue :mad:

sorry i can't help......

Demo24

Reaction score
yeah, I had problems with this as well. Make sure your info looks like this:

incoming:
-username = full email address
-password = your password
-image server = imap.gmail.com
-port = 993
-ssl

Outgoing:
- smtp.gmail.com
-port= 465
-ssl

Now, thats what you need to have in the fields for it to be setup properly. Because my school was changing around gmail accounts, this didn't initially work for me. The reason being I had to do some sync'ing my password with the rest of the school stuff, and it needed me to temporarily change it. So try it, and see what happens.

OP
A

ajrober5

Reaction score
thanks for the quick responses' i'll let you know if I can figure it out

OP
A

ajrober5

Reaction score
yeah, I had problems with this as well. Make sure your info looks like this:

incoming:
-username = full email address
-password = your password
-image server = imap.gmail.com
-port = 993
-ssl

Outgoing:
- smtp.gmail.com
-port= 465
-ssl

Now, thats what you need to have in the fields for it to be setup properly. Because my school was changing around gmail accounts, this didn't initially work for me. The reason being I had to do some sync'ing my password with the rest of the school stuff, and it needed me to temporarily change it. So try it, and see what happens.
could be it i'll try it now

OP
A

ajrober5

Reaction score
still not working... if it helps the error message is..

Setup could not finish
Username or password incorrect.
(Invalid credentials[Failure])

Demo24

Reaction score
still not working... if it helps the error message is..

Setup could not finish
Username or password incorrect.
(Invalid credentials[Failure])

Yep, something on the server side then. Go to your school computer, and change your password. Don't worry, you can most likely do this again to get it back to what it was before.

Where are you located if your willing to share?

OP
A

ajrober5

Reaction score
I changed my email password but it still doesn't work. I am Oakland university

Could it be that the IMAP location is different than [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]imap.gmail.com?[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Laramie

Reaction score
might not be what you're looking for, but I had my school gmail forwarded to my personal gmail account. I have no problems receiving forwarded email and responding from the school.edu address it was sent to.

OP
A

ajrober5

Reaction score
might not be what you're looking for, but I had my school gmail forwarded to my personal gmail account. I have no problems receiving forwarded email and responding from the school.edu address it was sent to.
yup already ahead of you... not ideal but i guess it works

thanks for reply

Laramie

Reaction score
yup already ahead of you... not ideal but i guess it works

thanks for reply

no prob...I haven't read through all these...but they might be helpful...good luck

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091107134359AAmPKLg

POP and IMAP - Gmail Help