"Schmackdown " Motorola DROID 4 vs DROID RAZR

MistaMean

Reaction score
Motorola DROID 4 vs DROID RAZR "Schmackdown " video by Wirefly's Bob Kovacs.

[video=youtube;fYZJgysyQ60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYZJgysyQ60[/video]

Any thoughts on this comparison video? I believe that from what I've read, the battery is not removable but Bob seems to think it is. The Droid RAZR obviously wins the screen size and resolution part of the fight. I'm not really concerned with the camera/video features but it's nice to hear that the Droid 4 will take great photos and videos. The Droid 4 is a tank compared to the slim RAZR, but if the Droid 4 is built anything like the OG Droid that is a win in my book. I would like to have a definitive answer on if the battery can be removed, can or will this phone be a global phone, and when will it be upgraded to ICS. I been holding out for the Droid 4 but I need to see more features that would sweeten the deal over a Droid RAZR Maxx.

tuffD1

Reaction score
Should have compared external speakers. Nobody does this. All I want to know is how loud is the speaker. My D1 is the loudest ever. My D3, ehh.

Sent from my MavD³

OUTthaWAZOO

Reaction score
Wait, if they both have 540 x 960 displays, yet the screen is smaller on the 4, does that mean the 4 has a more clear display since the pixels are in a smaller area?

amishdude01

Reaction score
My ears perked up like a dog when I heard those two words together... I really hope it is man! Can anyone clarify this??? pics?

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I believe the tool is just to remove the back cover that contains the sim and SD card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iGrizz

Reaction score
Wow that's the first picture of the Droid MAXX... I mean Droid RAZR with keyboard... damn I meant Droid 4...

SLAYER6669

Reaction score
Pretty sure he was mistaken that the battery is removeable. Is it me or does the LCD on the D4 seem to have a purpleish tint to it in that video compared to the Razr? The Razr screen just looks a lot better seeing them side by side like that. I'm a bit disappointed with the screen size and the fact that its basically the same screen on the D3 instead of Super Amoled. OG needs to go soon though and I would really like to retain a physical kb. Decisions Decisions.

amishdude01

Reaction score
Pretty sure he was mistaken that the battery is removeable. Is it me or does the LCD on the D4 seem to have a purpleish tint to it in that video compared to the Razr? The Razr screen just looks a lot better seeing them side by side like that. I'm a bit disappointed with the screen size and the fact that its basically the same screen on the D3 instead of Super Amoled. OG needs to go soon though and I would really like to retain a physical kb. Decisions Decisions.

I didnt notice the purple tint, but I did notice how crappy the screen looks compared to the razr. It does suck that the D4 isnt super amoled. Im still sold on the qwerty though.. There is just nothing else out there that I want...

AZClimber

Reaction score
I don't know - with the back cover off and the warning label saying it's not removable, it just begs to be removed!

And yes the screen does look like it has a purple tint, but what the heck, LCD's are a little easier to read outside than the super amoled.